Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How Fast Would You Go?

by 112263, June 27, 2004

See every reply in these pages:

Have gone to the 110 limit several times on a 1.5 mile country road late at night, don't plan on doing it anymore until I start doing performance mods. Felt fairly stable at that speed, I'm still running on stock tires that badly need to be replaced and even then it felt fine.

Bikeman982

There are not too many places near my residence where I can do double digit speeds.

I regularly drive 70-75 MPH back and forth to work (in traffic).

Guest Jaredistheman

Yeah, i have a 93 too and i've gotten mine up to around 82-83 and it's still pretty smooth sruprisingly.

ive hit 100mph on the highways of wash dc...car ran fine...no vibration just engine noise

ps 1998 prizm with 83000 mi.

ive hit 100mph on the highways of wash dc...car ran fine...no vibration just engine noise

ps 1998 prizm with 83000 mi.

Bikeman982

I have noticed that when I do close to 100 MPH in my 1994 Corolla, the gas seems to be guzzled away.

I can almost see the gauge go down as I drive!

The fastest I have ever gone by "Mistake" in my 2005 Corolla CE was 180km/h.

The fastest I have ever gone in a car, lets see, my legally tuned Toyota Corolla 2000 VE(Dualtronic Transmission) I was dragging with a 2001 Mustang 5.0 I hit 260km/h but we had to slow down since I crossed the finish line first, at an old airport runway.

Bikeman982

The fastest I have ever gone by "Mistake" in my 2005 Corolla CE was 180km/h.

The fastest I have ever gone in a car, lets see, my legally tuned Toyota Corolla 2000 VE(Dualtronic Transmission) I was dragging with a 2001 Mustang 5.0 I hit 260km/h but we had to slow down since I crossed the finish line first, at an old airport runway.

If you had wings on it, you could have flown away!!

I guess I would of flown if I did rice it up. Lol! But I just kept it stock lookingish on the outside, nothing fancy, just wanted to keep it looking like a normal 2000 Corolla, with 15" Titanium Low Profile rims,and dual exhausts. LoL! I just remember the guy that was driving the mustang, was laughing at me, asking if I was serious. All I can remember after the race, he couldnt stop shaking his head. The thought was probably going through his mind "Beaten by a Corolla?" It was fun though, I only did 2 races, both beating the first mustang 5.0, and then a Civic De-Sol. I beat the De-Sol so badly, I was so tempted to give a sticker that read "Powered By Hamsters!"

A friend of mine drove from Albury to Wagga Wagga in 45 minutes. It is 128km, with 1 small town to go through....so ****uming that he was averaging maybe 80kmh in town (still too fast I reckon), average speed would have been over 100mph. Thing is that road is 2 lane rural road, with crests, bends, soft shoulders...madness...

Oh, the above mentioned is purely fiction and for entertainment value only, if you're LE.

LOL!!!! This is funny. I can feel the fear in people talking about it.

Let's just say the Corolla handles well at 110mph on freeway, as I tested it while I was visiting ADIS ABABA, Ethiopia........ LOL !!!

Is Occifer going to lock me up now?

I've gotten my 98' Corolla pAssed the speedometer (120 MPH) before. Between 75-90 mph, the steering wheel vibrates and shakes annoyingly. PAssed 90, the steering smooths out, but by that point it feels like a light breeze could flip the car over.

I recently purchased a 97' Lexus SC400, which is a heavy RWD sports car. It can get pAssed 120 with ease; no shaking or instability. I've gotten it to 125 before traffic stopped me. Its electronically limited to 149 MPH, but I've read if you remove the limiter, it can go pAssed the speedometer (160 mph).

129mph in my 86.5 Supra, at that point the car was 9 yrs old with 140k on it, so I don't really know how much more it had in it. And I never will. Just got a 2k Corolla and it does 80 just fine.

Guest Time Scars

I have a 1996 Geo Prizm (Corolla) with the 1.6L engine (had 71k miles on it now has 81 the old man who owned it before me never really drove her) and Manual transmission. I got it to go 110 MPH (at least the spedo was pegged there) I have built my own Cold Air intake, and fiddled with the exhaust. I was going north of Boston (rt 93) It resulted in a 300 speeding ticket and 2 points on my insurance.... The car seemed a little hard to control but i think it might have been my Yokohamma's and stock rims. The engine sounds good when it can breathe default_tongue

This past summer I took my rolla out for a ride on some small highways, because I just put a chip, short ram intake, and a catback on it. I was able to go very smooth through all the gears (even though I have a 4-speed auto) shifting around 6,000 rpm. I was driving around 95 mph and it seemed to be a little more reactive to my movements. I did get up to 110 mph with no problem but that is as fast as my gauge goes so I didn't really see any need to go faster if I don't know how fast I am going. I have driven an Audi A6 over 140 mph on the autobahn and I would have to say my little corolla is as well as the A6. I have also driven a BMW 330i on the autobahn and the only difference I found with the corolla is the suspension.

I've gone between 95 and 100 a few times. At that speed, I'm looking at the road, not the speedometer. default_wink

Road noise was louder than normal, but everything else was fine.

I set the CC at ~85 sometimes, though more likely at 75, since the SoCal freeways are never really empty, even at ungodly hours.

I've never noticed any shaking or anything out of the ordinary, and I have done the 95+ speed in both a 3-speed VE and a 4 speed CE with OD.

toyota corolla 1994

Running the numbers, the manual Seca can pull itself to 100km/h in 10.7 seconds, tag the quarter mile marker in 17.5 seconds and reach a top-end of 188 km/h

altho i have a auto and ive got mine to like 100 110km / but i havent gone on any expressways yet ehhe not my foult i was just following a mate

wat i wana no is were the hell do u guys get up to them speeds i cant drive 100 metres with out hitting a trafic light or the cars infront andi dont really wana test how fast i can get my car up to as i dont want to lose my licence ( already lost it get it back 5th feb cant wait ) stupid school zones and undercover cops hate them both arrr any way my cars old it would die at them speeds hehe it would pull a heartlidge and never run again

In my Corolla...right around 100 MPH and it was fine.

1974 Kawasaki 900 Z1 topped out at 142 MPH.

1972 Honda 750 125 MPH and much more stable than the Z1.

1970 Chevelle SS396 125 MPH.

Recently a Mercedes S600 twin turbo V12 at 140 MPH and it had plenty left....fastest thing I've ever driven. Also drove a Bentley Continenetal recently with the twin turbo V12 and that was quick too....didn't have the opportunity to open it up past 100 MPH. I think the Mercedes was quicker though. I'm really too old to be doing this now but I drove these two cars as a favor to a friend. He needed help getting them moved and suggested I jump on the Mercedes when the road was clear. WOW!

wat i wana no is were the hell do u guys get up to them speeds i cant drive 100 metres with out hitting a trafic light or the cars infront andi dont really wana test how fast i can get my car up to as i dont want to lose my licence ( already lost it get it back 5th feb cant wait ) stupid school zones and undercover cops hate them both arrr any way my cars old it would die at them speeds hehe it would pull a heartlidge and never run again

Well the first thing you should do is not to speed in the city. When I want to take my rolla out for a good drive going +100 mph I take highways that no one drives on and where there are no cops. The first thing I do is scout out the area and drive long enough so the engine and tires are warmed-up for best performance.

Highway only and then only with little or no volume.

Other than the Mercedes and Bentley, it was many years ago (mid 1970s) and there were far fewer cars on the roads.

With the Mercedes and Bentley, it was for a very short burst and both times early on a Sunday morning. The Mercedes went from 70 to 140 in about 2 seconds....at least it seemed that way. Extremely quick. My friend in the full sized Ram pickup truck behind me just seemed to shrink in the rear view mirror.

If the Mazda Zoom Zoom circuit comes to your area you should take part. It's a lot of fun and gives you a chance to really put their product through the paces on a track. I tried the RX8, Miata, Mazda 6 and Mazda 3. I think BMW does something similar.

Jay in MA

Guest Audevourahn

In in my 1997 Nissan Altima, 120 mph, and I don't intend to take my new 2008 Corolla any higher than about 65 or 70. The Altima required a pricey intake manifold gasket replacement shortly after that experiment, but boy was it fun! I did it on a country road in rural New Brunswick Canada late at night. I pAssed some other cars like they were sitting still! I would have been arrested if I were caught, however, and would have ended up as chunky salsa if I had hit a deer or something. Can't see myself doing it again. In fact, I just traded the Altima today, and bought the Corolla.

I drive the speed limit in my Rolla, but times have warranted faster, its not built for it... YET.

Street

171 is the top speed limited on my Z, I have bounced off the 6th gear limiter when I was on a 3.93 FD gears.

212 MPH at dawn on a stretch of unused road about 10 miles long In C5 Z06 TT Lingenfelter Vette

(according to Speedo) ~ 5-7mpg error according to owner so more like 207

Not

180+ on large open tracks, many many times over.

That's cooking.

My neighbor's son has a Lingenfelter Vette ...........serious power.

............212 MPH at dawn on a stretch of unused road about 10 miles long In C5 Z06 TT Lingenfelter Vette (according to Speedo) ~ 5-7mpg error according to owner so more like 207

Yes, I will have to give a bunch of respect for the guys who designed the aerodynamics on the Lingenfelter package. It is functional and very useful the car shoot up to that speed in no time and feels stable as a rock.

Topic List