Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How Fast Would You Go?

by 112263, June 27, 2004

See every reply in these pages:

Guest Dboy4099

Hi. Yesterday I was out driving my Corolla. I was on a stretch of open highway. I decided to see how fast it would go. I put the "pedal to the metal" and the car accelerated to 90. At that point, I chickened out. Why? Because every little bump on the road felt like a giant bump. I felt that I might lose control of the car if I went any faster.

Folks: please tell your stories of how fast you have gone or would go in your Corollas. You may have more courage / foolhardiness than I do. How fast do these things go anyway?

I went 100 in light rain recently and I was scared to death, the only cool part about it is that I use rain-x on my windshield so I got to see all the drops just gliding off my windshield like when I'm at the wash. default_smile

Guest c_ryan_qualls

Guest c_ryan_qualls

About 3 years ago around the time I first got my '94 Corolla DX 1.6 4AFE with about 100,000 miles, I hit 103 on a calm day with a long highway that's speed limit was 70 MPH. It took about 5 minutes of straight driving and no changing lanes to get from 85 to there.

Guest SmokinBarrel

I had my AE101 1.6 auto 4AFE pushed up to 183 KMH while tailing a Nissan Xtrail few years back. Yesterday i sent my car for an overhaul...gonna try out with the bluetop 4age 16v pistons, see if it can add more horsepower...

Well, ive done about 160ish in a 99 z06 corvette before, but my corolla tops out at 105-110, you can ask the nj state trooper that one

80-85mph is the fastest my old 98 corolla has seen.. ( i was late for work that time ).

Now on my ex's all stock 2" lowered 01 mitsu eclipse gt the fastest ive driven was 150mph (governor limited)

Fishexpo101 is right, the jellybean shape of the corolla dsnt help that much. Plus not to mention the more distace between your car and the ground the quicker your car will start to "float"

Thats why you always see high performance cars with a more agressive lower stance.. its not just looks, its aerodynamics also.

Easy way to not feel too much "float" at high speeds is to lower the car a few inches so less air gets under the car and pushes you up.

I hit 100 mph the other night on a long, empty road a little after midnight. Major fun. AND my Corolla had 216,000 miles at the time.

The fastest I have ever been, however, was 165 mph on the back stretch of Virginia International Raceway in a race-prepped Corvette Z06 that belonged to a friend of mine. He's a driving instructor up at VIR (and has some serious driving skills). It was incredible.

Guest Derosa

Fastest in my 09 corolla was 90 in a 75, seemed to get there and stay there fine.

Top speeds were in my 91 volvo 240, hit 100 by accident while learning what the turbo could do, that car would hit 120 with ease. Best though was an 88 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2am Christmas morning one year I did a 130 mile highway run in 1hr flat and the final 50 miles to my parents house in just under half an hour. Also had it up to 135ish in PA late one night.

165 kph in a corolla XRS

110 MPH in my Geo Prizm 7AFE and it wasn't fun it would need grippier tires and tighter suspension to be comfortable any faster

and 112 in my 1995 Buick Regal with air struts and she was p***y poppin on a handstand

115 in the 05 S on a 300 mile road trip. Only could go to 105 before the suspension mods. Worst mileage you could hope for lol

Had my '09 S up to about 90 mph one time while getting away from some real Einsteins who were driving a little too close for comfort -- you know, the types who drive all day in the left-hand lane, creep up on your six so closely you can't see their headlamps, and other like-minded morons and remedial-school rejects.

As an aside, I experienced no shaking, rattling, or handling problems whatsoever.

Have hit 133mph in my 99 corolla the European version 4a-fe no shacking ratling silly but we all get the urge to see what the car can do !

My modified Canadian 2004 Corolla CE manual hits the speed limiter (governor) pretty easily at 190 km/h (118 mph), and starts pulling again once it's down to 180 km/h (112 mph). It's hard to keep it at just below 190 km/h without hitting speed limiter... It is good and stable at such speeds with 205/60-15 tires, front strut bar, rear Progress stabilizer bar and Ultra Racing 4-point rear strut bar/brace.

Guest Joebklyn

One night I got my '05 Rolla up to 110 Mph on the Taconic State Parkway cuz I had a jerk in a truck following to closely and I wanted to put some distance between us. This guy got behind me at 70 mph and was so close I could see his headlights in my side view mirrors and that was it I was kinda blinded so I hit the gas and he kept up. Well when I looked at the speedo it was on 100. I thought it beat to slow down and tapped the brakes. I saw the truck buck and dip a bunch as he hit his brakes. It was then I saw what was written on his hood 'REPOORT ETATS'. I got out of the ticket but that's another story. certified at 110mph.

this isnt about a corolla,but its a once in lifetime opportunity i had going fast in a small car. i took an adventurous ride once in a renault R.5. turbo t-1. in its day was a major euro ralley car. it looked like a LeCar...sorta. the rules were a manufacture had to make 1500 of these rally cars to race. the 1400cc turbo engne was in the backseat. the wide huge fenderwells for the rear tires housed the radiator intakes. ive never ever been in a car that could turn so sharp,so fast and controlled. it excellerated like mad for a little 1400cc turbo. went from 0 to 160kph(100mph) in seconds,then we crested the small hill and the rpms went up....airborne. planted back on ground smooth and firm. what a memory....youtube vids full of them.

Guest Gunner97

My best was in my 2002 corolla le i was able to make 110 before i came to my exit.

Topic List