Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How Good Is Your Corolla On Gas?

by toyota81, April 8, 2005

See every reply in these pages:

Is that because you consider it fun, or because you think it helps get better gas mileage??
I just take that time to relax my legs as I don't have cruise control. I hope it helps with the mileage. If it doesn't, I am not worried, I get 40mpg going 60-70mph.

Bikeman982

Is that because you consider it fun, or because you think it helps get better gas mileage??

I just take that time to relax my legs as I don't have cruise control. I hope it helps with the mileage. If it doesn't, I am not worried, I get 40mpg going 60-70mph.

Sounds good. I don't have cruise control either and I sure would like it.

Ti-Jean

When my 05 LE was 2 weeks old, I got as far as 650 miles on one tank.

Can you check your numbers?

If you really ran on fumes and used 13 US Gallons for those 650 miles, that would be an unbelievable 50 MPG US.

Guest bearcub

I m from Canada. I just bought a 4 door corolla se 1990, 16 valve 1.6 liter, 5 spd manual. it has 344,764km(213,751 appoximately miles) I filled the tank about $30 canadian(about $6. american,lol) which is about 9.28 gallons @ 93.9 cents per/liter. i drove to and from work, 90 kn per day, 80 all highway, 10 city. at about 110 to 120 km/hr. i then filled up and got 424 km(263miles) for another about 9 gallons of gas, ended up with 28miles/gallon, or 13.7l/km......that sucks butt. i just got rid of a 2002 ford focus that only got 30miles/gallons.....it was also a 5spd manual, and 2.0 liter 4 cylinder,,,,,its sucked rotton butt......so maybe ill have to do a tunes up,,the car runs awsome and drives really good, the timing chain was changed at 159130k, in 1996. tires are ok, idels smooth, air filter looks good, i drive ok, maybe a little harder in the city,,,but to still only get 28m/ga....ouch...oh ya i paid $1200 canadian,,,which is fair for this type of car,,,,,,oh ya also my gas needle is slow to go to full after i fill up almost 10 mins later anf then it will not go full,,,it stops just under the full....go figure,,,i read the other post about checkingf that so i will do that too....

Bikeman982

I m from Canada. I just bought a 4 door corolla se 1990, 16 valve 1.6 liter, 5 spd manual. it has 344,764km(213,751 appoximately miles) I filled the tank about $30 canadian(about $6. american,lol) which is about 9.28 gallons @ 93.9 cents per/liter. i drove to and from work, 90 kn per day, 80 all highway, 10 city. at about 110 to 120 km/hr. i then filled up and got 424 km(263miles) for another about 9 gallons of gas, ended up with 28miles/gallon, or 13.7l/km......that sucks butt. i just got rid of a 2002 ford focus that only got 30miles/gallons.....it was also a 5spd manual, and 2.0 liter 4 cylinder,,,,,its sucked rotton butt......so maybe ill have to do a tunes up,,the car runs awsome and drives really good, the timing chain was changed at 159130k, in 1996. tires are ok, idels smooth, air filter looks good, i drive ok, maybe a little harder in the city,,,but to still only get 28m/ga....ouch...oh ya i paid $1200 canadian,,,which is fair for this type of car,,,,,,oh ya also my gas needle is slow to go to full after i fill up almost 10 mins later anf then it will not go full,,,it stops just under the full....go figure,,,i read the other post about checkingf that so i will do that too....

[/quote

You might be able to adjust the float on your fuel level sending unit to read "Full" when the tank is actually full.

I don't consider 28 MPG to be too bad. It depends on your driving and also the tuning of your car, of course.

I have a 95 corolla, I have a few upgrades, I get about 32 to 36. I drive mostly highway, but my water temp. stays pretty cool about halfway between the halfway mark and the cold mark. That has a lot to do with it.

Gallons used: 10.520

Miles driven: 358

Miles per gallon: 34

Nice!

default_smile

i get about 9 kms per litre on my 86 corolla but i think the the carb is acting up...

Bikeman982

After not trying to drive slower, I have obtained significantly lower gas mileage. I drove with a full tank back and forth to work at speeds of 85-95 and the gas gauge seemed to go down as I watched. I liked the faster rate, but the tank didn't last as long.

Bikeman, you need to slow down and enjoy the fuel efficiency of your corolla.

Gallons Used: 6.6

Miles Driven: 252 miles

Calculated Mileage: 38.18

I bought a 2007 cas my truck gets 13 mpg, I'm getting 38 mpg to work and back. It's 50% rural/city. Very happy with the mpg and the car. Looks like I made a great choice!

Guest Lou

When my 05 LE was 2 weeks old, I got as far as 650 miles on one tank.

Of course, those days are over...

In Vegas, with 95% city driving, trips shorter than 20 miles, I average about 26 mpg. Highway still good with about 38-40 mpg.

No one gets good city gas mileage in Vegas.

Except the people driving Hybrids.

default_tongue

I have two corollas. An automatic 96 LE for the wife and kiddies - runs between 12 - 13 Km per liter (city); my daily driver is an 89 GTS with just under 300,000 Km on odo. that runs between 13 - 13.5 km per liter, but is much more fun! Aside from metal cancer (one of the perils of the north), these cars are almost indestructible!

With my 2000LE manual trans and an 03 engine, I can get up to 40mpg if all my driving is highway, but I usually get 33 if I drive like an ###hole, and 35 if I drive conservatively. I am one of those guys who calculates their mpg every single fill up! ... default_unsure

I get 42mpg on average mostly long drives 60-70mph. mine is 1.4 though

Bikeman982

I think the smaller engines get better mileage, although they seem to have less power and may not last as long if driven hard.

is the 1.4L some UK corolla?

Gallons used: 9.688

Miles driven: 325.1

Miles per gallon: 33.6

Nice!

default_smile

I get about 30mpg highway/city average. I drive like an ###### so its pretty good.

Bikeman982

I get almost 30 MPG and I do tend to drive fast.

I have the 1.8L 7A-FE engine (automatic).

I think that is reasonable and will be good as long as the price of gas (petrol) does not go too high.

I have the 2005 1.8L with the auto with 38K miles on it....getting 30mpg with no highway at all.....30% city and 70% country driving (commuting) with fair amount of stop signs and lights at the ends of the commute...lots of hills. I drive pretty easy though I do like to go and get to the speed limit pretty fast.

yup used to get around 38 or so on the highway with my 4afe, but my 02 sensor isnt working and that dropped me down to around 28 or less, makes a huge difference

Bikeman982

yup used to get around 38 or so on the highway with my 4afe, but my 02 sensor isnt working and that dropped me down to around 28 or less, makes a huge difference
Get a new O2 sensor.

was going to but im not worrying about it right now since it is garaged for for the winter, i just had to make a trip in it real quick and wasnt to concered,

Bikeman982

was going to but im not worrying about it right now since it is garaged for for the winter, i just had to make a trip in it real quick and wasnt to concered,
Do you have to get it smog checked?

Topic List