Sign in to follow this  
Opium

99 Prizm Needs Bumper Cover And Fenders Replaced

I was in an accident, hit by an idiot on his cell phone.

I have a Dark Brown 99 Prizm and its difficult to find parts in junk yards with the same color. My car is considered "totaled".

I need to replace the passenger fender and the bumper cover. My second option is to use black colored parts.

Will a 99 Corolla fender and bumper fit on my 99 prizm without any issues?

Hit on the front or rear of the car. Front fenders, if I understand correct, any 1998-2000 Corolla will fit the Prism. In 2001-2002, they switched to a different style front headlamp, that causes issues with fitment. Only part I'm not sure of is the mounting points - I remember reading that a Prism owner had to fabricate new brackets to attach the Corolla fender to his car - but I can't remember if that was for the fender and/or the lamp attachment points. Bumper cover the same way - the earlier Corollas had a similar style to the Prism.

If it is the rear of the car - bumper cover should be a non-issue, but no way to replace the fender on any of the models. That is a welded piece, have to cut off the damaged section and weld in a new one or shape one by hand.

Hit on the front or rear of the car. Front fenders, if I understand correct, any 1998-2000 Corolla will fit the Prism. In 2001-2002, they switched to a different style front headlamp, that causes issues with fitment. Only part I'm not sure of is the mounting points - I remember reading that a Prism owner had to fabricate new brackets to attach the Corolla fender to his car - but I can't remember if that was for the fender and/or the lamp attachment points. Bumper cover the same way - the earlier Corollas had a similar style to the Prism.

If it is the rear of the car - bumper cover should be a non-issue, but no way to replace the fender on any of the models. That is a welded piece, have to cut off the damaged section and weld in a new one or shape one by hand.

I forgot to mention, Front Bumper cover. So the front fenders should fit with no issues, only the 1998-2000 years. So The front bumper cover from a corolla from 98-00 will have fitment issues?

Im some what confused.

Fenders from the first half of the 8th gen Corollas (1998-2000) should fit the Prizm. Same with the front bumper cover - 1998-2000 match the Prizm the closest, but may require some modifications. How extensive, I don't remember off the top of my head. The later 1/2 of the 8th gen (2001-2002) parts will definitely NOT fit the Prizm - completely different headlamp assembly saw to that.