Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
cirrus

Heater Issues(Civic)

It doesn't sound like a gasket either though I've seen a few posts claiming they've done the same tests as I have and they were fine...yet it was the gasket. BUT....I tried to point out that they also changed water pumps...thermostats....ect....so who really knows what the issue was.

For sure something is causing the upper heater core hose to be a lot warmer than the bottom(exit) hose. I don't think that's normal. A coworker as the same exact car...I should check his. Either mine does a have a heater core blockage of some sort or the water pump is really weak knee'd. A lot of Honda guys told me they back flushed the heater core and crap does come out. But man getting at those hoses is not easy on that car...almost need to take the head off!

Well for now I'll keep a close eye on it. We haven't had a day over 50F in months so right now the cold air is not hurting it...but when it hits 70F see if it starts boiling over...ect.

We still don't know what car to trade in....for sure one has to go this year. The Honda has 25K less miles then the 2005 Rolla but isn't aging well....its well known for having autotranny issues....and its had like 10 recalls the past 2 years which has led to a host of panels broke thanks the ham fisted dealer techs. I got nowhere trying to get them to replace them....their RTV trick was cute. Also the CD player stopped playing home burned CD's.

EDIT: just talked with the company that made the pressure tester. They said what I'm seeing is normal and doesn't like a gasket issue....that even the 1psi in 4 minutes is excellent as that unit would leak a tiny bit over 4 minutes at that pressure.

Thanks for all the help Fish(and biiter)....I gave it my best shot in diagnosing it...see how it goes the next few months.

Edited by cirrus