Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
onlydrive5speedcorollas

2000 Corolla Hesitation/bucking

Good stuff and thanks. I have not checked the sensor wire to date. Sounds like the injector o-rings are cheap enough to take a chance on. The plug wire corrosion still puzzles me. The climate is not such that the plug hex would rust. I will zero in on the 02 sensor and connection first.

thanks for your knowledge as this problem has been with me for months now. Parts are too expensive to simply throw in and hope for the best.

So I tried to locate fuel injector o-rings in my area of New Jersey. A Napa store and Autozone did not have a listing. A PEP Boys did come up with a Beck Arnley part # of 158-0894, however did not stock item, nor did the warehouse. I was wondering if anyone knows of a source? I also need to know if the o-ring kit include the rail o-rings or just the ones that seal in the head? I am guessing that both should be replaced after reading Oneloudskunk's reply. Regards

Nothing from a local retail outlet - most of those sort of things I get either from the dealership or online. www.rockauto.com and www.1sttoyotaparts.com are two widely liked online retailers.

Most of the time, those o-rings are sold individually - o-ring kits are generally with just the o-rings alone. If you want the o-rings and the gaskets both - make sure you get the injector "gasket set or kit" - that will give you the gaskets as well.

After considering the suggestion, I ordered 4 o-ring "kits" from Rock Auto. Shipping was fast and the price was good. I guess I now have a supplier. I did the swap, however apparantly did not lubricate one of the o-rings properly. It bunched up and leaked. I had taken precautions(rags etc) just in case. I wound up using one of the old o-rings and no more leaks. Car is running much better, however I have only driven one day. Hopefully, this good luck continues. By the way the Haynes manual recommends fully removing the rail from the car. I was able to lift the rail and gain access to the injectors without disturbing the coupling. Saves a step.

Thanks