Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
oneton95

How Do You Disable Factory Alarm On 1998 Corolla Le?

My S trim was the same way - no keyless brain. The keyless and alarm systems are port/dealer installed, as well as dependent on the market region. So the upper trim levels are not a guarantee that the car has keyless capability.

Geez...and the S trim is supposedly top-of-the-line.

Oh well, I guess I'll just look old-fashioned unlocking my car with a key instead of a fob.

Geez...and the S trim is supposedly top-of-the-line.

Oh well, I guess I'll just look old-fashioned unlocking my car with a key instead of a fob.

Well here is my TDS system that came with my New from Dealer Corolla 2000 S (Performa). I also have second hand Corolla 2001 CE and do have this TDS, but as passive since CE do not have Power Locks. They have a factory installed, so called TDS or Theft Deterrent System, usually Manufactured by Audiovox (USA). There is not or any reference that this can be true, TDS and Audiovox...I know that these VIPs for the newer corollas are from Fujitsu,,,Since Toyota has been used for factory installed system the Fujitsu VIP RS3000 from 1996 to 2002 models and from 2003 to 2005 models the Fujitsu VIP RS3200. However, for many years Toyota has provided the Corollas without factory installed system, but through the Dealer Plug installed systems...That may be have to do with the Credits Exemptions and tax reduction for the imports cars...So they started to sale plain cars to avoid taxes, and then offer those extra options as dealer installed.

Here is my original booklet that came with my Corolla 2000 (VE) S or performance. depending on how tax grant were obtained, they converted the VE in Performa and so on. May be your LE is really a VE converted to LE at dealer facility.

I hope this Helps to understand this old TDS for those who have it.

th_719806571_2014_09_02_212741_122_424lo

th_719807181_2014_09_02_212802_122_91lo.

th_719810182_2014_09_02_212824_122_516lo

Edited by guaitiao

If someone can find this information in a readable PDF will be very helpful. Up to date is none existance... Everybody is looking for it and I was able to find it in my Corolla 2000 Glove box, in a sealed package tagged as "Set Literature Bag" No.15011573. Also the Booklet has only some form code and print code as follows Form no, 128 - 4793A (LIA47931).... I hope this help.