Sign in to follow this  
Easy_driver

Carolla 2005 Le

I assume the car will be garaged somewhere close to an electrical outlet? I prefer to make electrical connections directly to the battery - though since we are not talking about a whole lot of current, should be fine through the cigarette lighter plug (note double check for activity on the plug - ie, make sure that plug is "hot" with the ignition turned off - some cars cut all power to accessory ports to protect the battery.

They make some cables that hardwire the battery + battery tender or similar unit to an external plug that you can plug into an extension cable - all with the hood shut/doors locked. Might try looking at some of the RV sites and marine/booting supply places - as they have tons of battery maintenance solutions.

Thank you.

I assume the car will be garaged somewhere close to an electrical outlet? I prefer to make electrical connections directly to the battery - though since we are not talking about a whole lot of current, should be fine through the cigarette lighter plug (note double check for activity on the plug - ie, make sure that plug is "hot" with the ignition turned off - some cars cut all power to accessory ports to protect the battery.

They make some cables that hardwire the battery + battery tender or similar unit to an external plug that you can plug into an extension cable - all with the hood shut/doors locked. Might try looking at some of the RV sites and marine/booting supply places - as they have tons of battery maintenance solutions.