Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
gvr4ever

I Must Have! Rwd Toyota.

One drawback to RWD vehicles is the "hump" that goes down the center to accomodate the drive shaft.

One big advantage is the handling in snow or icy roads. I got used to RWD cars and learned how to do a proper fishtail control.

Our 05 Corolla has a hump in the back seat too. I don't know why tho. I don't know if it shares a floor plan with a Lexus, or if it runs fuel and brake lines or what. I haven't looked, but I noticed that the back seat had a hump in it.

I like how a RWD can be corrected, but I don't know that it's safer. I just like being pushed instead of pulled, and I like how a RWD corners. Mainly, just the lack of feel that the same wheels that turn the car aren't also powering the car. RWD usually has over steer or if not, can get over steer with some power added going around a corner. Even a great FWD with LSD isn't as fun, and RWD can take off faster then FWD. At least on dry roads anyway.

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

One drawback to RWD vehicles is the "hump" that goes down the center to accomodate the drive shaft.

One big advantage is the handling in snow or icy roads. I got used to RWD cars and learned how to do a proper fishtail control.

Our 05 Corolla has a hump in the back seat too. I don't know why tho. I don't know if it shares a floor plan with a Lexus, or if it runs fuel and brake lines or what. I haven't looked, but I noticed that the back seat had a hump in it.

I like how a RWD can be corrected, but I don't know that it's safer. I just like being pushed instead of pulled, and I like how a RWD corners. Mainly, just the lack of feel that the same wheels that turn the car aren't also powering the car. RWD usually has over steer or if not, can get over steer with some power added going around a corner. Even a great FWD with LSD isn't as fun, and RWD can take off faster then FWD. At least on dry roads anyway.

Fuel and brake lines don't normally require enough space to need a hump. I wonder what yours is for?

They sometimes will still engineer that "hump" or "backbone" to help stiffen the chassis. Both my 8th gen Corolla and Matrix still have a hump in the rear seats. The exhaust sustem runs down the middle of the hump - helps clean up the bottom of the car, less bits hanging down to catch air, and mess up the flow under the car.

They sometimes will still engineer that "hump" or "backbone" to help stiffen the chassis. Both my 8th gen Corolla and Matrix still have a hump in the rear seats. The exhaust sustem runs down the middle of the hump - helps clean up the bottom of the car, less bits hanging down to catch air, and mess up the flow under the car.

Also allows them to have a car lower to the ground without sacrificing ground to car clearances.

Also allows them to have a car lower to the ground without sacrificing ground to car clearances.

Only Corolla's don't sit low to the ground. If a Corvette can have duel exhaust that don't run with the drive shaft tunnel, I think a Toyota can.

RWD all the way! The early Celica's fetch good cash nowadays. I can't remember the year but I owned one that had rounded fenders, factory Yellow and Black, louvers, etc. It had a slight Opel GT look to it and didn't lack power stock. RWD'S Were easy to work on, plenty of room, and all out fun in the snow! I believe if Toyota came out with a Sport RWD sales would fly. I think to many people got caught up with the FWD sales pitch of how well they did in the snow. Well save it for the states with bad snow. The salesman didn't tell us the NEW hourly rates associated with ALL of the FWD'S. Compare everything side by side. When getting estimates look at water pump RWD rate to FWD! A lot of us couldn't even fit our hands in a FWD to reach the nuts and bolts which then turned into new specialty tools for nearly everything. Tool boxes started getting heavy while repair costs went through the roof. I'm not totally against the FWD'S but wish they left us (the consumer), some RWD choices besides a Truck!

Edited by TimToy

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

(Only shown to guests, not registered members.)