Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Bikeman982

1993 - 1997 Stock Am/fm Cassette Player/radio

I have three for sale. Anyone want to make me an offer on one?

I also have a CD player in my project car with no faceplate - anyone know how to get faceplates??

trap
I also have a CD player in my project car with no faceplate - anyone know how to get faceplates??

If you look up the manufacturer's support number on the internet and give them the model number off the back of the unit, they should be able to help you out.

I'll warn you though, for some head units, I've know the faceplate to cost upwards of $200. If yours costs more than $120 to replace, I'd just get a new headunit. It would be more cost effective.

It is also possible that your faceplate may have been one of those encoded units, meaning that only the faceplate originally included with the headunit will work. If this is the case, ordering a new one won't do a lot of good. Although, only the most expensive headunits are encoded. It is possible though, I've seen Corollas with audio systems worth well over 1k.

If you look up the manufacturer's support number on the internet and give them the model number off the back of the unit, they should be able to help you out.

I'll warn you though, for some head units, I've know the faceplate to cost upwards of $200. If yours costs more than $120 to replace, I'd just get a new headunit. It would be more cost effective.

It is also possible that your faceplate may have been one of those encoded units, meaning that only the faceplate originally included with the headunit will work. If this is the case, ordering a new one won't do a lot of good. Although, only the most expensive headunits are encoded. It is possible though, I've seen Corollas with audio systems worth well over 1k.

Thanks, I have called the previous owner a couple of times to get it, but he says his son used the car and is off at college.

I may just end up putting in one of the original Toyota tape players.

I have not started on the inside of the car - I am busy changing the engine first.

After that will be an interior clean and a fix/repair/replace anything inside that requires it (radio included).

I may end up keeping the car myself (at least until I see how it compares to my current car).

Today I took out the CD player and replaced it with one of the stock Toyota AM/FM casette player.

THe CD player without a faceplate is a JVC model number KD-LH300.

I checked on e-Bay and there were two faceplates for auction, so I bid on one.

There are also several CD players of the same model up for auction for only .01 plus $19 shipping.

Anyone have one of these faceplates that they don't want or want to sell cheap? JVC KD-LH300

If not, want to buy the CD player??

I threw the CD player on the shelf. I don't have a faceplate and I am not spending a lot to get one.

Make me an offer on it, if you would like to buy it.