Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
sail114

Want To Buy: 4 Steel Wheels For An '06 Corolla

I can't find a set anywhere... the tirerack doesn't even carry them! If anyone has a set that they are selling, or know of anyone who is, please let me know.

Thanks,

`Chris

Just the wheels or wheels with tires on them? You can also look at some of the steel wheels (used or takeoff) from the Matrix and Celica - they also have a similar backspacing and same bolt pattern 5x100.

does the 06 have a 5 lug? i have wheels with tires on them, none of the tires are any good though, all ballad

Yup, it's a 5 lug... 5x100 bolt pattern.

I don't think that the Celica steel wheels will fit. I bought a set of OEM Celica wheel covers on e-bay last year and they just don't fit my Corolla. Looks like the Celica wheels are offset further out although bolt pattern is the same.

Hmm. I wonder if it could be because the Celica steelies are a hair narrower than the ones on the Corolla/Matrix. I know alloys work OK on the Matrix, swapped the OEM alloys back and forth to check fitment (Celica OEM wheels were lighter than the Matrix ones - cheaper for me to buy them than order new ones).

Hmm. I wonder if it could be because the Celica steelies are a hair narrower than the ones on the Corolla/Matrix. I know alloys work OK on the Matrix, swapped the OEM alloys back and forth to check fitment (Celica OEM wheels were lighter than the Matrix ones - cheaper for me to buy them than order new ones).

Last year I did a little test which I talked about here;

I put a '06 OEM Matrix XR alloy wheel tire combo (205/55-16) on a bathroom scale; 42.5 lbs

OEM Corolla steel wheel with heavy 195/65-15 Yokohama TRZ (195/65-15)............ 40.0 lbs

In addition, the center of gravity of the alloy wheel is way out of the centerline of the wheel, as if the wheel wants to fall on the side by itself.

So much for the reduced unsprung weight and better handling claimed for alloy wheels.

Get them because they look good and the tires are better!

Last year I did a little test which I talked about here;

I put a '06 OEM Matrix XR alloy wheel tire combo (205/55-16) on a bathroom scale; 42.5 lbs

OEM Corolla steel wheel with heavy 195/65-15 Yokohama TRZ (195/65-15)............ 40.0 lbs

In addition, the center of gravity of the alloy wheel is way out of the centerline of the wheel, as if the wheel wants to fall on the side by itself.

So much for the reduced unsprung weight and better handling claimed for alloy wheels.

Get them because they look good and the tires are better!

But think about the size difference. You're talking extra metal for the larger diameter, and extra rubber to account for a longer circumference. You'd really need to take the same size wheel/tire combo to make it count. Still, 40lbs for a steel wheel/tire isn't bad. My first car, an F250 diesel, had wheels/tires that tipped that scale at over 85lbs each...

If you're looking for another set of wheels, I would imagine it's to put snow tires on. I paid $65.00 CDN including tax from my local dealer for a brand new wheel and they even installed and gave me a half good tire on it. It's better than a doughnut.

There's usually some for sale at auto wreckers, but in the past, I've found some charge double at this time of year because of demand.

My suggestion..go out and spend the extra and get a set of nice rims which can be bought for a decent price if you look around.

I can't find a set anywhere... the tirerack doesn't even carry them! If anyone has a set that they are selling, or know of anyone who is, please let me know.

Thanks,

`Chris

Is there a particular style, or is it what comes stock?

Is there a particular style, or is it what comes stock?

He's just looking for steel wheels to put tires on. They are black with holes cut in them, you can cover them with wheel covers. Millions and millions of cars on the road, and most if not all of your cars have them. He's right, tirerack does not have steel wheels for the Corolla. However, they do have some nice alloys that are $81 each, which is a good deal considering the OEM alloys are over $300 each. What he could do is buy the alloys to put his summer tires on and then put the winter tires on his existing steel wheels. That way he would have great looking tires and wheels for summer and wheels and snow tires for winter.

Try Arizona Wheel Covers (tel: 602-275-9211, 800-334-4496). I just purchased a set of OEM alloys off an '06 Corolla about 3 weeks ago. At the time I bought my alloys, they also had a set of 15" steel wheels for an '03 - '07 Corolla.

My advice....don't skimp on wheels for your car. Spend the extra few bucks and purchase from Toyota or some other well known distributer as you know they will work properly. Those four items are of major importance to your vehicle. What would you think if some airline (just before takeoff or landing) mentioned over the intercom that they got a really good deal by buying theirs at some discounter?