Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
mdepo12

New Performance Tires

Let me make sure I got everything straight before I go buy anything.

205/60 - the 205 is the width of the tire and the 60 is the height from the rim to the top of the tire?

Almost.

205 is the width

60 is the aspect ratio.... so 205 *60% is the sidewall height

trap

Does anyone have Goodyear Assurance Comfort Treads? That's the tire I've narrowed it down to considering I have Blizzaks on the stock rims and will change back to my chrome rims come spring. Has anyone any experience with 205-60-15 Comfort Treads after replacing their stock tires? .........not too late to change my mind.

Muzak, seems somebody here does have the ComforTreds. If you don't hear from anyone, I did see a couple reviews of the tire by Corolla owners on tirerack.com.

I will probably try Falken tires next. My bro' in law has them on his car and they do grip very well. They are priced very well too.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireB...ar=65&tc=FALHH3

You can get H,V, and Z rated tires. They even make racing tires. I have a video of a Nissan GT-R testing Falken race tires on the Nurburgring track. Crazy stuff. This car was passing everything like it was standing still. Porsche's, bikes, everything.

I will probably try Falken tires next. My bro' in law has them on his car and they do grip very well. They are priced very well too.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireB...ar=65&tc=FALHH3

You can get H,V, and Z rated tires. They even make racing tires. I have a video of a Nissan GT-R testing Falken race tires on the Nurburgring track. Crazy stuff. This car was passing everything like it was standing still. Porsche's, bikes, everything.

i already linked those tires on an earlier page for 1/2 that price :P

I bought a new set of tires in December, replacing the Goodyear Integrity tires that came with my car, I got Goodyear Assurance Comfortred - at the time, I paid $65 per tire - I like them alot, they handle well, especially on wet roads - I'd recommend them. They have an 80,000 mile warranty.

I bought a new set of tires in December, replacing the Goodyear Integrity tires that came with my car, I got Goodyear Assurance Comfortred - at the time, I paid $65 per tire - I like them alot, they handle well, especially on wet roads - I'd recommend them. They have an 80,000 mile warranty.

They sound like good tires. What size do you have and where did you purchase them?

I got them at a Goodyear Gemini tire store in my town - the size I bought was 185/65R14 (I think) - the same size as came with the car - I used to only get Michelins - but I think Goodyears are just as good plus these were on sale.

I got them at a Goodyear Gemini tire store in my town - the size I bought was 185/65R14 (I think) - the same size as came with the car - I used to only get Michelins - but I think Goodyears are just as good plus these were on sale.

What year is your car? That is the same size as what I use and my Michelins are fine, but when they wear out I will consider the Goodyear.

Let me make sure I got everything straight before I go buy anything.

205/60 - the 205 is the width of the tire and the 60 is the height from the rim to the top of the tire?

I believe that the 60 is a ratio of the height to the width and not the actual height in millimeters.