Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rickel2

2005 Corolla Xrs

Guest rickel2

Boy, this discussion has gone a lot further than the gas pump.

My XRS is great fun to drive. I bought it because it was a Toyota, it was sporty, it was RED, and way more invigorating than my old Taurus. I like its understated appearance. My salesman ( Jesus ) told me it was a monster. I think it was a great choice, and I'm very happy ( see my face below) and thankful for it. Thank you Jesus!

:P

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

Guest KnifeEdge_2K1

id prefer an impreza RS, actually im trying to convince my parents to trade in the 01 corolla for a 00 impreza RS, im gonna pay the difference tho, its a nice choice good combination of ride height handling ride comfort and sportiness

I looked at a 2005 Impreza RS before I ordered my Corolla. I was generally impressed with the fit and finish, creature comforts, standard features, and especially the AWD and powertrain. What I was not impressed with was the gas mileage (not bad, just not great for such a small car) or the lack of a folding rear seat. I realize the lower fuel economy is caused by the AWD and the larger engine, but the AWD wouldn't do me a lot of good 10 months a year, and so it's not worth the fuel economy trade off for me right now.

If I were still in High School, I would have definately chose the RS. However, being in College, I need something that gets better gas mileage than a RS, and I really need a folding seatback for the moves to school in the fall and back home in the summer.

Back to the XRS. You can put regular in almost any car that says it takes premium, unless it's supercharged or turbocharged. I'd imagine the XRS would do fine with regular, on the condition that you drove it moderately. If you want to do any high revving, etc. you need premium for the extra octane.

Guest redinine

hey heres a great idea jupiter boy why don't you shell out the cash for a used midsize car theres a great idea.

Guest KnifeEdge_2K1
I looked at a 2005 Impreza RS before I ordered my Corolla. I was generally impressed with the fit and finish, creature comforts, standard features, and especially the AWD and powertrain. What I was not impressed with was the gas mileage (not bad, just not great for such a small car) or the lack of a folding rear seat. I realize the lower fuel economy is caused by the AWD and the larger engine, but the AWD wouldn't do me a lot of good 10 months a year, and so it's not worth the fuel economy trade off for me right now.

If I were still in High School, I would have definately chose the RS. However, being in College, I need something that gets better gas mileage than a RS, and I really need a folding seatback for the moves to school in the fall and back home in the summer.

Back to the XRS. You can put regular in almost any car that says it takes premium, unless it's supercharged or turbocharged. I'd imagine the XRS would do fine with regular, on the condition that you drove it moderately. If you want to do any high revving, etc. you need premium for the extra octane.

i dont like the new impreza rs' either, :P

im talking about the old school ones (98-01) pre bug eyed imprezas, i realize chassis rigidity isnt the best (actually its pretty bad) and suspension is relatively soft but as a package it is better then the 01 corolla ce im driving now