Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Navigation Install In 2003 Corolla

by Nick 06 tC September 26, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

• 1,424 posts
A double din fits and looks much better so no need for a single din.

The speed wire is a cinch once you know where to find it. Its a simple crimp in.

And you cant ground the parking break wire. I did it with my jensen in my car, but the D2 is much harder to bypass. You cant just ground it out. It knows. And will lock everything out.

Nick is right. The older Pioneer units could be fooled by simply grounding the park wire, the new ones are much smarter. There is actually a function of the computer in the nav system that looks for the GPS to be static. The only way to fool the computer is to soldier two points together on the circuit board. This is risky, if you mess up, you ruined your unit.

Just an update:

Everything is working perfect. The navigation takes you exactly where you want to go. We love it. I never did the surround piece because I have been busy.

We love the headunit.

Bikeman982

Just an update:

Everything is working perfect. The navigation takes you exactly where you want to go. We love it. I never did the surround piece because I have been busy.

We love the headunit.

Sounds like you are happy with it.

Maybe you could post a picture, so we can see how it looks.

The "..." in the URL's don't make the links work.

Check page 2. Looks like I cant copy the links direct. Dont feel like looking them up.

• 1,424 posts

You do realize that none of the pictures you've posted on this page work, right?

You need to copy the URL that photobucket gives you for each image into the link function of Corolland. The Image function does not work on this site.

-the99contour

You do realize that none of the pictures you've posted on this page work, right?

You need to copy the URL that photobucket gives you for each image into the link function of Corolland. The Image function does not work on this site.

-the99contour

The pics pn page 2 work.

Deffinetly an old thread. but wanted to update, that the Corolla is a perfect double din. There is even a mounting kit for double din.

I got the mounting kit and it is flawless.

i am now moving and selling the Corolla. Selling this navigation seperate. If anyone is interested. $600 plus shipping. Comes with wiring kit, and mounting kit so it looks like stock.

Will post pics once the wife comes home with the car.

Bikeman982

i had to trim around the dash to get my stereo trim ring to fit correctly. i painted the ring and false face of the unit to match the interior almost and it blends in well. the fit between the ring and dash is very tight and looks almost like it came that way...except that the stereo sticks out some.

Can you post some pictures?

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)