Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

What Kind Of A Person Drives A Corolla?

by 112263, August 18, 2004

See every reply in these pages:

In most cases a young girl or 50+ women. default_biggrin

Bikeman982

17 year old student.. 18 in 6 weeks. Got my '94 cause my mum gave it to me when she bought her '02 SE. I'm having serious problems with my batteries though.. I think the alarm is draining it constantly, i've been through 3 in the past 2 months..
Get a battery charger and keep the battery charged up that way, or replace your alternator with a higher output one to help the battery stay charged.

Bikeman982

I first contributed to this thread waaaay back in '04 when it started, so i'll update. I am a single white male (last date was nearly 3 yrs ago! nooo!) turning 23 in a few weeks. I currently work in the NSW public sector in the road building sector as a civil engineer. I have worked as a site engineer on a freeway project, in the NSW govt's road safety nerve centre, currently I am working in wagga wagga NSW in project management for road environment construction projects.  

I cut my teeth driving wise on a 1990 holden nova (oz's equivalent of a chevy prizim), upgraded to the '00 liftback in august 2002 and in one week it will have been 1 year since i picked up my current ride, a brand spankers '05 conquest sedan. So far ~25,000km have pAssed. Interests include politics, music, art, DIY stuff. I am a member of the local young person's Lions club.

Welcome back. Next time done stay away so long.

Guest HighRolla

(last date was nearly 3 yrs ago! nooo!) turning 23 in a few weeks

That is ROUGH man! well, at least you're not blaming it on the car...

24 yo white male, out of college with a decent job. Bought the 'rolla because I enjoy a couple other things more than I enjoy driving- playing guitar, for instance. I figured, save a few grand on the car, and drop a few grand on a sweeeeet guitar. It worked out, too.

Bikeman982

Well my wife, daughter and soon my son all drive (or will drive) Corolla's because that is what I bought for them. After driving it they have the option of doing whatever they want with it, but they prefer to keep on driving them. Good cars that are not too expensive. The reliability is a good feature. I like the looks and style.

Well my wife, daughter and soon my son all drive (or will drive) Corolla's because that is what I bought for them. After driving it they have the option of doing whatever they want with it, but they prefer to keep on driving them. Good cars that are not too expensive. The reliability is a good feature. I like the looks and style.

default_ohmy

default_ohmy hi im new to this forum im a 42 year old asean male who works as a pediatric endocrinologist in one of the hospital here in denver i like the corolla because of their reputation of reliablity.

Bikeman982

Welcome to the forum temi.

good morning !! i bought the corolla brand new , 2003 automatic CE as the 2004's were being introduced . i paid $13,333.00 on the road . i get decent gas mileage , good reliability , decent looks with good enough performance which makes it a good purchase for me and my wife . i'm a white guy , 57 years old with a 45 year old wife . i'm not rich , but have no bills , i have savings and have an interest in motorcycles that satisfies my need for speed or - cool - vehicles !! the corolla is just a nice , practical vehicle that does all the things that i or my wife needs done by a car , its got about 45,000 miles on it know , still looks and performs well and has never given us a problem . i also own a - cherry - 1989 nissan longbed that i bought new , its the heavy duty model pickup truck with v6 engine that serves as a hauler or second car when needed . its got about 120,000 miles with never a problem . ------- arthur

Welcome to the forum temi.
thanks bikeman

Bikeman982

good morning !! i bought the corolla brand new , 2003 automatic CE as the 2004's were being introduced . i paid $13,333.00 on the road . i get decent gas mileage , good reliability , decent looks with good enough performance which makes it a good purchase for me and my wife . i'm a white guy , 57 years old with a 45 year old wife . i'm not rich , but have no bills , i have savings and have an interest in motorcycles that satisfies my need for speed or - cool - vehicles !! the corolla is just a nice , practical vehicle that does all the things that i or my wife needs done by a car , its got about 45,000 miles on it know , still looks and performs well and has never given us a problem . i also own a - cherry - 1989 nissan longbed that i bought new , its the heavy duty model pickup truck with v6 engine that serves as a hauler or second car when needed . its got about 120,000 miles with never a problem . ------- arthur

What kind of work pays you enough to afford a new Corolla, a new truck and a motorcycle and leaves you with no bills? I think some people here (not picking on anybody in particular - like the new Corolla owner's with the large monthly car payments) have the car they want but don't like how much it costs to afford it. Fortunately it is not the most expensive auto to buy.

reasonable question i s'pose , in responce i'd say that it seems to me that the corrola is a cheap [little cash to buy] little car with high quality and longevity !! the nissan pickup truck is -- what , 17 years old now , far from new i'd say !! its an old truck but well maintained , good looking and serviceable [hopefully] for at least another 100,000 miles or 10 years i hope . its my camping , hauling - fit hits the shan - escape vehicle except that the corrola would probably be a better choice for hitting the road . one motorcycle is new but the others are old brit bikes that i've have for years , same as the nissan pickup truck !! -------- as far as work goes , i worked on a railroad for 12 years in the u.p of michigan and then an airport hotel in los angeles kalifornia for 20 years . --------- i'm leaving kalifornia in a few weeks or months and am headed for the pacific north west and i don't know what my third job will be at this time .

Bikeman982

reasonable question i s'pose , in responce i'd say that it seems to me that the corrola is a cheap [little cash to buy] little car with high quality and longevity !! the nissan pickup truck is -- what , 17 years old now , far from new i'd say !! its an old truck but well maintained , good looking and serviceable [hopefully] for at least another 100,000 miles or 10 years i hope . its my camping , hauling - fit hits the shan - escape vehicle except that the corrola would probably be a better choice for hitting the road . one motorcycle is new but the others are old brit bikes that i've have for years , same as the nissan pickup truck !! -------- as far as work goes , i worked on a railroad for 12 years in the u.p of michigan and then an airport hotel in los angeles kalifornia for 20 years . --------- i'm leaving kalifornia in a few weeks or months and am headed for the pacific north west and i don't know what my third job will be at this time .

The Union Pacific Railroad is looking for help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thanks for the hints sir , but no , not for me , no more work like that . i'll end up working a motorcycle shop , gun store or something like that . its all going to be casual after i leave kalifornia , thankyou !!

Bikeman982

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thanks for the hints sir , but no , not for me , no more work like that . i'll end up working a motorcycle shop , gun store or something like that . its all going to be casual after i leave kalifornia , thankyou !!

Good luck with whatever you end up doing. Keep watching the forum and contribute when you are able.

What kind of work pays you enough to afford a new Corolla, a new truck and a motorcycle and leaves you with no bills? I think some people here (not picking on anybody in particular - like the new Corolla owner's with the large monthly car payments) have the car they want but don't like how much it costs to afford it. Fortunately it is not the most expensive auto to buy.

I am a 22y.o. university graduate; i take home roughly A$1530 a fortnight, I comfortably afford the repayments. mind you, i rarely travel and only have cheap korean electronics in my home.

Bikeman982

Seems like everyone from students to retiring/retired people drive Corollas. No commonality there, except a desire for a reliable, and economical car.

thanks - bikeman - , i'll be doing that !! ------- arthur

Bikeman982

thanks - bikeman - , i'll be doing that !! ------- arthur
You are welcome.

That is why corolla is no.1 small car in oz - its the car for everyone. However, the price is that it also must satisfy the whole of society, so there are compromises. Like the dynamics - like mcdonalds it is totally inoffensive but entirely forgettable.

Caucasian female, 37, professional. My signature and online name says the rest!

and also groceries wouln't fit in the trunk of an Echo/Yaris

This thread reads like personal want adds default_tongue

Bikeman982

Caucasian female, 37, professional. My signature and online name says the rest!and also groceries wouln't fit in the trunk of an Echo/Yaris

This thread reads like personal want adds default_tongue

How many bags of groceries do you get?

3 or 4 paper grocery bags. Plus there is always a shovel, cane stroller, paper towel, booster cables... in the trunk.

My husband refused that we (i.e. I) get the Echo sedan, because it is well... ugly and the Echo hatch, although very cute has a miniscule trunk (about half of my Festiva's).

I may be one of the few people who finds their Corolla too big.

You are not alone. My wife has to put a cushion on the driver seat and pull the seat very close to the steering wheel in order to drive our 2000 corolla. Even that, she still doesn't like Echo. Echo's handling can be horrible in windy areas, like some places in Ontario.

Max

Happy Mom- Though I don't have Echo specs handy, I think the 4 door Yaris is bigger than the Echo, trunk-wise and otherwise. I checked out the specs the other day, and it's not much smaller than Corolla. If I didn't already have my very nice, very paid off Corolla, I'd seriously look at Yaris.

Bikeman982

3 or 4 paper grocery bags. Plus there is always a shovel, cane stroller, paper towel, booster cables... in the trunk.

My husband refused that we (i.e. I) get the Echo sedan, because it is well... ugly and the Echo hatch, although very cute has a miniscule trunk (about half of my Festiva's).

I agree that the shape of the Echo is not appealing. I prefer the Corolla and I don't think it is too big. I am usually the only one in it when I drive, but I carry work gear and also my hockey equipment when I play. I like the fact the my rear seats fold down and I can put the hockey sticks into the trunk and the back seat area at the same time. It is an excellent feature.

I used to have a Festiva, and the only thing I liked about it was the great gas mileage and also the compactness (could park it in small spots). I didn't like the road noise and could not hear the radio when driving. I sold it and it is still owned and running with a friend in Georgia.

I have gone over to the Corolla side and am very happy with the 7th generation DX .

Topic List