Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How many miles do you get on a full tank?

See every reply in these pages:

___When there is a draft, use it. There are two types of drafts. The Straight from behind and the Surf. The straight from behind is the most dangerous but has the highest pay off. The Surf is to hang in the opposite lane just far enough back to enjoy a Cab-over’s wake. It really works!

Can someone explain to me what these drafts are? Where exactly they occur? Some website with a nice illustration would be very helpful.

Thanks

filled up today and checked MPG - got 31.3 mpg!!! (all city driving)

2001 LE auto

Guest rudyossanchez

I have a 93 dx with the 4 speed automatic and on average it goes 250 milles per 10 gallons,. this is city traffic usually 20 to 30 milles and a lot of stop a go trafic highway is about 34 milles, but I don't let the car run low on gas so I don not know how far will it go

Last summer I drove from Ottawa to NJ - about 730 km (456 mi) - I filled up with 30 minutes to my destination. I still had enough to perhaps go all the way!!

I have a 2004 Corolla CE

Well considering my average MPG is 27.6 over the past 10 months (all city driving) I'd have to say that I could get 364.3 miles if I used every drop of gasoline, but I usually fill up when I have ~247 miles on the tank. I am afraid sometimes though.... damn gas gauge. It fluctuates way too much. Once it was on 1/4 of a tank left, then I went up a hill and it dropped almost to empty. I blame the gas gauge for making me nervous and going to fill up.

I got 461 miles on my last tank of gas. The tank before it I got 421 miles. Ironically, I used to get better fuel economy a few years ago when the car was newer but I never squeezed this many miles out of a tank before.

This was done by topping off the engine when full and driving strictly highway miles at around 65 MPH, and still going around 75 miles after the light went on. Both times I used under 12 gallons of gas. I have a '95 Corolla with a 7A-FE engine & 5 speed stick.

God damn you guys getting 35+ MPG. Ok my goal this spring/summer is to get 35 MPG ONE time. I am taking a trip to New York to visit my aunt in the spring so 170 miles each way... all highway better do it. I'll keep the speed at 63 - 65 MPH. Fill up before I go....

lol....

Guest alexkidd

Could someone with an XRS please give their stats?

I usually get around 27mpg, i have 3spd auto, kind suck. I do mostly highway driving @ about 70-90mph. I tried for a couple of weeks not going past 50-60mph and the mileage was the same. STrange.

Same here, 3spd auto sucks. However, I found that if you check your ignition on a regular basis you can get up to 29.5mpg by keeping them up to date.

Spark plug: Autolite sucks bad, only last 20k. NGK is alright, Champion regular platnium works great. I heard that platnium plug reduce the required voltage to spark so an older car with weaker ignition will be more forgiven.

I got 346.4 miles on my last tank with 2.397 gallons of gas to spare. This is with about 60% city driving. I know I can get 400 miles to a tank; I am just scared to try it. I mean the gauge says empty even though I had almost 2.5 gallons left, and it just scares me to drive around like that. Plus, it doesn’t help out when the fuel pump has to work harder. I wish I had a digital gauge telling me EXACTLY how much gas I had left. It's hard to estimate with my gauge.

Guest tk1

I just got 349 miles on 10.5 gallons of gas in my '05 LE Auto. 60% was highway, varied speed a lot because this was my 1st tank of gas. City driving was mellow, careful not to pass 3000 rpm. I can't wait to see how it does after its done with the break-in period.

Hey All,

New owner of an '05 S Auto here. I checked my first tank, and got 32.88 mpg with mixed rural/highway. I was really pleased with that. I know it will get better after break-in, and am fairly confident that it will get 40MPG highway. I'm surprised some people are in the mid to low 20's. Those must really be city miles or commuting in stop and go I would think.

So far love the S (4 days).

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!!!

Hey All again,

just noticed my profile by the message says Warn 0%. Anybody know what that means??

Thanks

REVHIGH !!!!!!!

Max

"Warn " just shows you if (or how many times) you have been warned for, shall we say, inappropriate posts.

Guest kate

I have an '87 FX16 with 255,300 miles on her. I typically get about 32mpg. If I use premium, I tend to get a little better mileage (why I dunno) but I'm too cheap to use it very often.

I have a 98 Corolla VE, I get around 26-28 mpg, mixed city-highway driving. Around 280-300 miles (450-480 km) per tank (around 11 gallons (41-42 liters)).

I have a P0446 engine error code, changed the spark plugs, and air filter. I will replace the ignition wire set and update you on the milage.

Bikeman982

I got 355 miles on my last tankful.

I probably could have gone 30 more miles.

I've got about 2000 miles on my new 2006 S model, with the manual. I'm averaging 35 mpg city, and 40 on the highway. I live in Arizona, so on hotter days (above 105 lol) my mpg goes down the crapper. I think it's mostly due to gasoline evaporating when the car sits in 110 degree heat all day......But it's only a dry heat, like your OVEN.

I went 361 miles on my hiking trip to the berkshires and tanglewood last weekend. 98% highway. some traffic. up mountains. filled up about 8.8 gallons, that's about 41mpg. awesome eh!

2003 LE automatic

On a full tank, gas light comes on after 320 miles. Figure I have about 3 gallons left, approx 90 miles... So, about 410 miles per tank I'm guessing.

With the AC on, different story.

Bikeman982

Does anyone know if there is a larger capacity gas tank that I can install on my car? I would like to go more miles before refueling.

Does anyone know if there is a larger capacity gas tank that I can install on my car? I would like to go more miles before refueling.

Drive slower. default_laugh

Typically I get anywhere between 350 - 400 miles on a tank. I usually have 2.5 gallons left.

Typically I get anywhere between 350 - 400 miles on a tank. I usually have 2.5 gallons left.
ditto, city is more like 240-250 before i refill and on the highway its 400+

I researched tank capacities when I bought mine, compared to the other model corollas and the matrix. Tanks are all same size.....12.3 on the 2006 models. I doubt the Camry tank would fit because the car is wider. You would most likely be looking at custom fabrication, or some companies make plastic gas tank replacements

Bikeman982

Drive slower. default_laugh

Driving slower won't get me a larger gas tank, although it might make me a road hazard.

I can get just over 350 miles before I feel like the tank is running dry and have to refill.

I could probably get 383 miles or so per tank.

Topic List