Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How many miles do you get on a full tank?

See every reply in these pages:

15.3 is nearly impossible. At wide open throttle at 80 mph towign a trailer up and down hills, I still managed 22-25. Even my motorcycle on the racetrack only drops to 20mpg averaging 90 mph around corner seeing speeds from 50-140.... from it's normal 35-45.

I'd check and see if your spedometer or odometer is working properly.... are you sure it actually traveled 200 miles????

Also check and see if you have a fuel leak.

At that low of mileage, you should probably even hear popping on deaceleration sicne it's running so incredibly rich.

Another guess.... your torque converter is not locking up. Does the sound of the engine seem to match the increase in speed or does the motor sound like it surges when you accelerate????

Is the air filter clogged???? Have you had the timing belt replaced recently. Maybe the valve timing is retarded? This would also retarrd the ignition on a car with a distributor.

Is the engine getting up to temperature or running very cold?

I changed everything. the air filter is fine, the timing belt was replace and check for accurate timing, no fuel leak, engine revs fine when speeding and there is no poping.

You think I must have calculated wrong?

Guest Wendell Wildcat Fan

Stonehopper, i think you must have figured wrong, dude. The way i figure my MPG is I fill the tank all the way up and reset the trip odometer. Then, i drive it until i have about 1/4 tank or so, and I fill it all the way up again. Then, check the number of miles you traveled on the trip odometer and divide that by the number of gallons it took to fill it back up.

good catch Wendell.... I didn't read that close enough. Stone, you MUST diving the miles travel by the ACTUAL amount of gas used... even then , depending on how yo upalce teh filelr nozzle in the tank and how much you "top-off" each time, your mileage on each tank could vary by as much as 5%. For accurate results, you need to average 2 or 3 refills together... or add the combined mileage after fillnig up 3 times and divide it by the amiunt of gasoline purchased.

Also, that fuel additive might have foulded your plugs. Especially if you use it too much or in too high a concentration. You also might be using premium gas, which is not optimum for mileage on most cars... it's only needed for cars that specailly require it. Otherwise other than extra detergents that you don't need, it has no benefits.

03_Corolla_S

I only average about 25-27mpg and this is 90% highway driving in my 03. I need to go to the dealer when I get a chance to see whats up with that.

Guest raycastro

Just made a 400 mile trip, and at the gas station, the gallons I’m filling up on the miles driven is coming out to 41.2 MPG. I aired the tires to 35psi before I left, filled 89 octane, and sat on cruise control from 70~75 mph.

Guest drummerart1983

On average in NYC (mixed driving), I get about 30mpg on my 1997 Corolla Base.

Art

Guest mrf5229

I have a 94 toyota corolla dx. 4speed auto.

My gas tank holds about 10.5 galllons of unleaded.

NOt sure but I get about 220 miles per tank driving from home to school and back.

I'm still trying to figure out why.

Not a happy corolla driver.

But I do like the car though.

In mixed but easy driving, I can usually get 600kms (360 miles) before the gas light comes on.

I don't normally run this low as a rule, but I tried it out a few times.

My wife and I had a road trip this past weekend. Car was heavily loaded and the conditions were not that great. Heavy rain and wind off and on. Speed varied depending on conditions, but we were in a hurry for the most part.

Mileage was 46 mpg Cdn (about 39 US gallon). That is pretty typical.

Getting mid to high 30's in the winter in local mixed driving, 40+ last fall before I put on the winter tires.

just wondering what the fuel tank capacity is for a 95 corolla. I usually fill up when the needle is at the 1/4th mark or slightly lower and the tank takes between 9-10 gallons at that time. I just want to know the capacity.

Thanks all

Ti-Jean

just wondering what the fuel tank capacity is for a 95 corolla. I usually fill up when the needle is at the 1/4th mark or slightly lower and the tank takes between 9-10 gallons at that time. I just want to know the capacity.Thanks all

13.2 USG, or 50 liters, or 11 Imp G.

Ti-Jean, I doubt the capacity on a 95 is that high.

My 97 (7th gen, like the 95) is about 40L capacity, or almost 11 US gal.

Ti-Jean

Ti-Jean, I doubt the capacity on a 95 is that high.

My 97 (7th gen, like the 95) is about 40L capacity, or almost 11 US gal.

Check again.

Corollas have had 50l fuel tanks for as long as I can remember.

You were probably fooled by an ultra-conservative Toyota fuel gauge.

Trust me, it's got nothing to do with the gauge.

When I fill up from empty (read bone-dry), I pump 40L.

I can't imagine the 95 being any different.

http :// www.imustberetardedbecauseallthistimeithoughtiwaspumping40L(andpayingfor40L)whenreallyiwaspumping50L(andgettingahugediscount) .com

I think when u fill it from bone dry, is when the fuel light goes on, at that point there is still 10L of gas left in the tank, r else u cant really get to the gas station in the first place...I suppose u can push...

I think one of the biggest X-factors in computing fuel economy accurately is getting the same amount of fuel in the tank on a consistent basis. The paradigm I employ is to fill on the lowest pressure the gas pump handle will allow until it clicks off, then "round up" to the nearest dime, and no more. I also try to fuel from the same pump whenever possible, just to eliminate variables, but many may still exist from a standpoint of delivery pressure.

In warm weather city driving, I usually get 27 - 31 MPG. In sustained highway driving, regardless of the weather, I can get between 39 - 44. I never exceed the speed limit by more than 5 MPH when the posted limit is 55 or above. When the posted limit is 50 or below, I'm usually spot-on, or within 1-2 MPH. I accelerate as slow and gradually as traffic will allow, and generally stay out of the pAssing lane. Whenever I indulge myself in non-economy minded driving, I usually take a pretty severe 5 - 7 MPG hit on fuel economy in city driving.

Guest CorollaGuy

Hrm...I just filled up my second tank yesterday since I bought the car earlier this year. First tank of gas I averaged 22 miles per gallon, and this tank I averaged 23 miles per gallon. I'm doing around 90% city stop-and-go driving, with maybe 10% spent on the freeway. This still seems really low...should I be worried? I was thinking about asking the service guys when I go to get my first oil change...and maybe check the tire pressures.

Mine is a 2001 LE with auto transmission.

I get 30 MPG in the city, 35 on the highway.

but once I got 34 MPG city -

I usually use 89 octane gas.

I love my car - had it almost 4 yrs now.

I get around 300 miles per tank full

Guest Toyota-san

Guest hanijamal

500km's on a full tank and 600 with reserve.. dont reallie know the limit yet...

about 35 dollars for a full fill...

Luv that economy

about 350 miles in my 95 with 170K miles (avg about 31 mpg)

I get about 400km (250mi) before the light comes on. Mostly (90%) city driving.

Topic List