Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How many miles do you get on a full tank?

See every reply in these pages:

Stock Corolla tank is 13.2 gallons as far as I know.

Personally I think 16 gallons would have been perfect . . .

1 gallon weights what, 6 - 8 lbs?

Bikeman982

I would like an even 20 gallon tank.

Well yeah but that would also add an additional 43 + lbs which would mess up the weight distribution, plus the size difference of the tank anyways.

Would be nice to have though.

A diesel Corolla with a 20 gallon tank would be even better = default_cool

200 ft-lbs of torque

1,000 + miles on a tank.

default_biggrin

Well yeah but that would also add an additional 43 + lbs which would mess up the weight distribution, plus the size difference of the tank anyways.

Would be nice to have though.

A diesel Corolla with a 20 gallon tank would be even better = default_cool

200 ft-lbs of torque

1,000 + miles on a tank.

default_biggrin

Slugger,

I totally agree. Right now I am already getting great fuel mileage, even with my 4-and-a-half day fill up interval. The diesel would make it all the better!

Bikeman982

I am curious as to what my son will get - he has the smaller engine with a "stick shift".

I am curious as to what my son will get - he has the smaller engine with a "stick shift".
depends how he drives it default_laugh

With 45 litres in the tank, I can usually get 700 km's (approx. 420 miles) doing mostly highway (around 70 mph).

Bikeman982

depends how he drives it default_laugh

Right now he is just learning, so of course more fuel is used.

After he learns to shift correctly I expect it will get better.

Big_Beard

In city driving my 2003 Corolla CE gets on average 550KM on 40L of fuel. I generally buy premium fuel which 10% ethanol \. This average is in the summer when I also run the air conditioner. I run a NAPA gold air filter and the OEM tires at nearly 35 pounds.

During the winter my average drops slightly – mainly I believe due to my Michelin X-Ice tires; which seem to have more drag on dry pavement.

Bikeman982

In city driving my 2003 Corolla CE gets on average 550KM on 40L of fuel. I generally buy premium fuel which 10% ethanol \. This average is in the summer when I also run the air conditioner. I run a NAPA gold air filter and the OEM tires at nearly 35 pounds.

During the winter my average drops slightly – mainly I believe due to my Michelin X-Ice tires; which seem to have more drag on dry pavement.

What is that equivalent to in English units??

Bikeman982

Would it be possible to join another smaller gas tank - say 5 or 6 gallons to the stock gas tank?

I would like to make a gas tank that would make a total of 20 gallon.

That way with 30 MPG, I could go about 600 miles before refueling.

That is almost a weeks worth of driving.

Last timed I filled up, I thought I was on empty but I also had over 3 gallons left! I got 35mpg from mostly highway driving. Anyone ever try fuel injector cleaner? I heard that might work.

Also, if you can find a station that injects nitrogen instead of oxygen into tires, that will increase your mileage by 3%. Take care

Bikeman982

What about putting helium into the tires?

Bikeman you're too funny with regards to wanting a larger tank and not having to refill as often.

It reminds me of a story when I was coding up an application for a customer. Everytime, I came back with a better version of the application, she always insisted that something else had to be changed. She was never happy. Eventually, I just told the customer that she had to find a different person to do the job.

At the time, gas was going up in price, with her frustrations, she never never wanted to do any computer work, she expected the computer to do all the stinking work for her without her even touching the keyboard or mouse. And we all know that wasn't happening soon.

Anyhow, I parallelled her story with her with wanting a car that never had to be filled up with gas! And I thought that was ridiculous! If we had to wait around for the car with the virtual gas tank, we'd still be waiting now since Mr Ford created his Model T back in the early 1900's. And we're right about coming up to the 100 year mark of waiting and without a solution in sight!

So Bikeman, you don't need to ask for a larger tank. You just need that car with that virtual energy supply! LOL

But to answer the thread on miles per full tank. I normally get about 33-34mpg on my 95 Corolla with 5 speed manual.

What I really want to know is, considering the gas prices are so high now, does it make sense to go with synthetic oil. I'm guessing that mpg can be improved a tad and might justify the more expensive cost of the oil change.

Bikeman982

Bikeman you're too funny with regards to wanting a larger tank and not having to refill as often.

It reminds me of a story when I was coding up an application for a customer. Everytime, I came back with a better version of the application, she always insisted that something else had to be changed. She was never happy. Eventually, I just told the customer that she had to find a different person to do the job.

At the time, gas was going up in price, with her frustrations, she never never wanted to do any computer work, she expected the computer to do all the stinking work for her without her even touching the keyboard or mouse. And we all know that wasn't happening soon.

Anyhow, I parallelled her story with her with wanting a car that never had to be filled up with gas! And I thought that was ridiculous! If we had to wait around for the car with the virtual gas tank, we'd still be waiting now since Mr Ford created his Model T back in the early 1900's. And we're right about coming up to the 100 year mark of waiting and without a solution in sight!

So Bikeman, you don't need to ask for a larger tank. You just need that car with that virtual energy supply! LOL

But to answer the thread on miles per full tank. I normally get about 33-34mpg on my 95 Corolla with 5 speed manual.

What I really want to know is, considering the gas prices are so high now, does it make sense to go with synthetic oil. I'm guessing that mpg can be improved a tad and might justify the more expensive cost of the oil change.

A car with a "virtual energy supply" sounds great. Where can I get one??

I would like them to invent a gas tank that is small enough to add to anyones car.

That way gas stations would not be as crowded and people would not need to stop as often.

Who decided that a tankful should only last as long as it does? I think it needs to go further.

If I could get my Flux Capacitor working (it only requires 2.8 Jigawatts), then I could burn my garbage and never have to stop for gas.

Topic List