Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Abs Option In 2005

by ElvisPresley, December 31, 2004

See every reply in these pages:

• 1,424 posts

Those so called "option packages A, B, C, etc" on the Build Your Own website do not exist in reality. Those things are just there because those options will give you an approximate price of cars on dealer's lots. If you want what is really available on the car, look at the options and packages section on the Corolla page of Toyota's website. Corolla Options

If a dealer tries to tell you anything about "packages" other than the ones listed on the Corolla page, they are trying to sell you stuff you don't want, or they don't want to get you the car that you want. If that is the case, go somewhere else.

I bought a 2005 LE with:

Sunroof

ABS

Audio Value Package

All Weather Gaurd Package

Alloy Wheels

I ordered each of these things seperately, they weren't a "package A" or whatever.

I don't think that traction control is needed on a compact like the Corolla, even ABS. I prefer to see manufacturers put these on the options list and with the money saved I'll get a good set of winter tires and steel wheels.

This is very true. ABS and TC would be completly useless with the tires that come on the Corolla. You would have a MUCH safer car if you got steel rims (or just used the stock ones) and installed a dedicated winter tire. Then buy aftermarket wheels and tires for the rest of the year. Get something that has a high rating for hidroplaining resistance and good tred wear. I scored some XRS rims and tires and I mainly got them for the rims, but the tires kick the crap out of the stockers and later, I'll upgrade to something even nicer.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)