Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

>

Did you name your Corolla?

by Max, June 20, 2003

See every reply in these pages:

Max

Just for fun- have you given your Corolla a name? Will you share it? Alright. You first! default_tongue

Guest Chris Corolla S

C'mon man, if you're going to start a thread like this you have to give the name of your car first! default_laugh

Guest Costello

Toyota named it for me:

Mystic Teal default_cool

Max

OK. Mine's named Goose- since it was made in Canada, honks, and occasionally flies. default_laugh

Guest karen

my Corolla is named "Rolla" - she's mystic teal and was made in Canada - so far she's the best car I've ever had - not one thing to complain about!

Guest bfunkera

Go easy on me...

My Corolla is named "Rolls-Rollie" ("Rollie" for short) because she is the "Rolls-Rollie" of economy cars. default_smile

Guest Priscilla

My 1982 SR5 is "The Little Brown Car," typically uttered in a high-pitched girly-voice, as in "It's the LITTLE BROWN CAR!" when I see it from afar and am walking toward or by it with friends. Needless to say, they think I am very strange.

As for my white 2003 Corolla, The Little White Car just doesn't seem to stick. I think I have to know it/her/him longer, and have more life experiences with it, before giving the car a name.

Guest gmiller1977

My 1997 Corolla is Buddy

My fiance's 97 Corolla is Suzy

My 1992 Tercel was named Howie

I read somewhere that if you name your car and treat it like a person, you end up treating it better in the long run default_smile

Max

I agree that if you name your car you'll treat it better. My cars always seem to have a distinct personality, so why not treat them like people and give them names? default_biggrin

Alright, this is just funny...

My first car ('86 Grand Marquis LS 2D, mafiosi car) was Tank. Damned thing weighed a ton and took an hour to get up to 60mph, but once it was there nothing could stop it.

My second car ('92 Camry, 170K miles and still going strong, Dad's got it now) was simply "my Camry." Never even thought of giving it a name.

My new baby ('03 Corolla S) needed a name badly, but I was at a loss...until I heard the pitiful excuse for a horn. After that, the name was a no-brainer:

Road Runner.

MEEP MEEP!

Baby Lexus ?

My new baby ('03 Corolla S) needed a name badly, but I was at a loss...until I heard the pitiful excuse for a horn.  After that, the name was a no-brainer:

Road Runner.

MEEP MEEP!

Amen to that.

The next time I'm at a wreckers, I'm going to get the horn out of a VW Jetta (late 80s early 90s). That horn was very, very loud.

Cheers,

Regular Joe

ps. Have you noticed that when you honk the horn, it sounds like it's saying, "excuse me....". I've need one of those, "GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!" horns.

Joe, you right about it. What is way I don't use it, instead I use middle fingure and high beams

Guest newtothis

My Corolla is named RoadRage -Rage for short

Max

Regular Joe,

RFLMOA! The horn does sound like "excuse me." I miss the horn in my '67 Ford Country Squire station wagon. Now that was a "move it!" horn if ever there was one.

I liked the old GM (Caddy) with the 3rd note horn , very loud but nice tone.

Max

bump

i orginally had a 1990 holden nova (aussie version of a chevvy prizim). then when i got my 2000 model, after noticing that the controls were much, much firmer, i had to give it a guys name. i now call it terry. my bes friend thinks i am nuts.......

as for horns, what's wrong with what all the mdeiterranean folk do in sydney and have one that plays 'la cucaracha?'

Guest raycastro

I agree that if you name your car you'll treat it better.  My cars always seem to have a distinct personality, so why not treat them like people and give them names?  default_biggrin

My vehicle is affectionately named Beater. Been vandalized twice (attempted thefts), 91000 miles, on its third set of tires, 2nd battery, 40 miles stop-n-go commuter traffic per day with a manual transmission. default_wink

Here is mine 98 Corolla. I call her "Soggy Bottom Girl". Why? Put 3 adults on rear seat and find out

Guest raycastro

Here is mine  98 Corolla. I call her "Soggy Bottom Girl". Why? Put 3 adults on rear seat and find out

LOL! default_laugh I know what you mean! I’ve been there, in addition to a trunk full of baggage. I think I bottomed out the suspension. That was over three years ago, and I’m happy that the car survived it and is still running well.

• 200 posts

Uh does "Silverstream Opalescent" count? default_biggrin

Guest davidkd

I named mine "Chip" since a rock cracked the windsheild the first week I bought it new.

MINE IS NAME " COLLY"

Guest Lazy Co-Rolla

Since my girl helped me out picking out the color, and her initials are already on my license plate, My Roll a is named after my girl, Jenna.

Lazt Co-Rolla................"Get that dirt off your shoulder" Jay-Z

Topic List