Search Corolland!

Did you name your Corolla?

By Max, June 20, 2003

See every reply in these pages:

My silver '05 is called "The Silver Bullet"

My previous car, a bright red '92 Tercel, was called "The Red Devil"

Guest Corollasroyce

Mines the Royce, or CorollasRoyce...who would have thought? default_ph34r

edit: My old mazda i called the Mazdillac.....

I should just call mine "Larry's CoROLLa!" since my last name is already included in the car's given name. If I were using it to drive around a particular ex-girlfriend, I'd have to call it "Muriel VIII" since she named my first new car "Muriel." I've also thought about naming it "Montag" since I purchased it on a Monday (Oct. 28, 2002) and "Montag" is the main character in one of my favorite novels and films, Fahrenheit 451. "Montag" is "Monday" in German, BTW, and I am of German/Austrian ancestry.

Our 2000 Corolla is named affectionately "duh!" because it seems to require exactly zero brain cells to own and operate. It's extremely non-participatory compared to the other cars in the house - a Miata named "Lola" (because whatever Lola wants, Lola gets) that sees extensive track duty and the Nissan Xterra we tow it with, which is getting replaced by a El Mondo Grosso Suburban soon.

I realized that all I have to do is get in the Corolla, move that stick on the floor between the seats through the various positions pronounced "p", "r", "n" and ultimately "duh" and the car just gets there without nearly as much effort as the racecar and truck require. No clutch pedal, shifting, no high revs, no six point harness and roll cage... compared to Miata, the Yotarolla is a limosine!

Guest Corollasroyce

yuck i can't beleive you call a maita a racecar...you better have some severe modifications to it in order to call a 138 HP car a racecar default_tongue by the souunds of it though, with the rollcage and 6 point harness you prolly do....but a miata....the reknown mid-life crisis mobile

Silver Bullet default_cool

Guest fiddler

The license plate has SSP in it, and it's white, so it gets called Supersonic Poodle. I haven't really bonded with the car yet. Maybe I will think of something better.

I Call mine TIMEX

Cause it takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

The reason why I call it TIMEX well my 2000 Corolla, is that after a licking it does keep on ticking.

The last drive I had with TIMEX was one that took me 500 Km. I found out later from my mechanic, that I was only using 3 cylinders instead of the full 4, my clutch for the auto was in need of replacement, My main manifold was cracked as well as the exhaust manifold, I had no suspension what so ever, I only had one funtioning brake pad, the others were all worn down to the bear metal, all rotors needed replacement, since all three were cracked. Tie rod bent as well.

I still drove 500 Km, back and forth and made it home. Oh TIMEX had 159,000 Km on it. And its a 2000 Year car.

Guest Corollasroyce

You know you can edit posts eh?? so you don't have to post twice in a row....

Your car had all those problems with it and you didn't notice??? Thats preatty scary you could drive that long and not notice your cars terrible performance. Thats also a severe amount of problems for a 2000 model car, i had a mazda that was over 20 years old and it had 422,000 kms on it when i retired it and it didn't have half those problems, but then again if your driving it like that and not noticing that would explain alot...

Corollasroyce, a person noted for major insecurities, wrote:

yuck i can't beleive you call a maita a racecar...you better have some severe modifications to it in order to call a 138 HP car a racecar  by the souunds of it though, with the rollcage and 6 point harness you prolly do....but a miata....the reknown mid-life crisis mobile

'Royce, if you want to come out to the track and pass judgement on things you obviously A: know nothnig about, and B: are threatened by, then I will be happy to show you how much of a racecar "the reknown mid-life crisis mobile (sic)" truly is.

Just do me a favor, will you? Clean my interior when after you soil your pants.

Guest Corollasroyce

Corollasroyce, a person noted for major insecurities, wrote:

yuck i can't beleive you call a maita a racecar...you better have some severe modifications to it in order to call a 138 HP car a racecar  by the souunds of it though, with the rollcage and 6 point harness you prolly do....but a miata....the reknown mid-life crisis mobile

'Royce, if you want to come out to the track and pass judgement on things you obviously A: know nothnig about, and B: are threatened by, then I will be happy to show you how much of a racecar "the reknown mid-life crisis mobile (sic)" truly is.

Just do me a favor, will you? Clean my interior when after you soil your pants.

hahaha...well....point proven eh?? good ole internet trash talker....sorry to offend you...its ok we all go through the mid-life crisis at some point....yeh your miata makes me insecure, HAHAHAH thats classic....next though you know it will be soccer moms right?? anyway....right, cause after racing bikes for over a decade your miata will defently make me soil my pants, your a funny guy, should be a comedian.

... right, cause after racing bikes for over a decade...

I guess, given the level of maturity he relentlessly displays, the "bikes" he is talking about have three wheels and are made of brightly colored plastic...

By the way, a dictionary would be a nice thing for your mommy (soccer or otherwise) to invest in for you.

Guest Corollasroyce

have to edit that because of spelling mistake eh??....

anyway....we can't all be as mature as you my mid-life crisis friend, have a good day ok?

yuck i can't beleive you call a maita a racecar...you better have some severe modifications to it in order to call a 138 HP car a racecar default_tongue by the souunds of it though, with the rollcage and 6 point harness you prolly do....but a miata....the reknown mid-life crisis mobile

I always thought the quintessential mid-life crisis automobile would be a Corvette!

Getting the S instead of the LE made my Corolla a mid-life crisis car for me. Quite a bit sportier than my old tan van - and a lot quicker, too.

Getting back to the topic, though: I haven't named my car...yet. The van was always "The Van". The Corolla's still too new. It'll have to earn a name if it ever gets one.

Getting the S instead of the LE made my Corolla a mid-life crisis car for me. Quite a bit sportier than my old tan van - and a lot quicker, too.

Getting back to the topic, though: I haven't named my car...yet. The van was always "The Van". The Corolla's still too new. It'll have to earn a name if it ever gets one.

Lol, thats what my family calls our old mazda mpv, "The Van", now we jus call the Corolla, "The Corolla"... too orginial. default_dry

I always liked the way the Miata looked, but I'd have to agree with Royce: a race car, it ain't.

Wouldn't mind having one for my mid-life crisis in a few years...or a '70s era Datsun...or an old Supra ...or (dare I dream) a British racing green Jag E-type.

Oh yeah, my Corolla's name: I haven't named it. My girlfriend, who is French-Canadian has taken the liberty of calling it Jean-Guy, a standard, utilitarian, functional, basic, plain-Jane (or rather plain-Jean) Québécois name.

all that is required for the miata/MX-5 to be a race car is more power. But in todays western road system with speed cameras and radar traps, a surplus of power is superfluos (sic, i know). From what i belive steering feel and road holding is top notch...........much better than the corolla. For those who enjoy driving sports cars like MX-5s are ideal. I wish I had one, actually saw a used one for sale the other day at a good price..........

As for mid-life crisis cars, there is many.........new VW Beetles ($$$, just the thing for hippies that have gone capitalist), new mini, old BMW Z3, new BMW Z4, MGF etc. Now in OZ we have the rehashed Holden Monaro (sold in US as the Pontiac GTO). All these cars don't ever have any practical features......the new beetle is in fact the most pointless car ever built.

Guest Corollasroyce

Mazda dropped the ball on discontinuing the RX-7. the Miata is a sad sad excuse for a sports car...138 HP in all honesty, how the hell can they call that sports car, 0-60 in 7 seconds?? get real...thats not a sports car...

The RX-8 is another perfect example of mid-life crisis....a 4 door sports car?? sigh...what is going on....:thumbsdown:

Guest bisondelta

Mine should be named Bullseye, because for some reason everyone else's car is attracted to it (it has been in a few wrecks) I still haven't come up with something yet.

I used to have an 88 Ranger that I just liked to call Red. It was red exterior with red interior. I loved that truck. One of my friends always called it Robert (because it was a RedFord) default_unsure

Topic List