Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Double Din For My 2003 Corolla Le

by MSAGRO, November 16, 2007

Welcome to the forum - as for a 7" screen - depends on if you mean just sticking flat over the opening or you looking at a flipout type. They make 7" flipouts in a 1 DIN size - don't have to go with a double-DIN. Would help if you tell us which unit are you looking at for fitment?

Hard to tell - but likely that you will have to do some fabrication to make it work - but it should look pretty good in the end. As I remember - the 9th gen Corollas could take a double DIN unit, but were originally designed to take a single DIN peice - something to do with overall depth into the dash. Might have to relocate some wire bundles - hopefully that will be all that is needed. But I know I've seen them done before - so it is not impossible. Even with the 8th gen having only a single DIN capability - several have successfully installed a CarPC + 7" touchscreen with just some minor fabrication.

Thanks for the reply Fish. Keeping my fingers crossed. If successful, will post pix of finished results. (Thank the Almighty Lord for the Blessed thing called "Dremel Tool") ;J)

http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=VM9022

It's a Jensen VM9022

Iv'e had it for just about a week, and am very glad I got it. It even is Bluetooth ready, which was a surprise, I just thought it was bluetooth enabled. It's fun 'dialing' on the keypad right on the dash to make calls. The DVD looks really good also. I put in Infinity speakers all around also, so the sound is much improved over the stock units.

Hooked up 2 iPods, one video and one mini. sounds great. There is an adaptor I put in my glovebox that can hold the Navi chip, and the MP3's, wired in the back of the unit so all the periphials are out of sight.

Sound is quite good for a unit this price. I would recommend it. But have it professionally installed, It was a bear to hook up.

Hope this helps

That looks great! Sorry to hear the adapter was too big, though that sort of stuff happens a bunch of times. Love the install - looks like it came from the factory that way - really clean.

Thanks Fish, the adaptor was fine, you can see it framed on the Jensen unit.I noticed that you have a 2002 S Corolla. This: https://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa53/MS...nt=100_1863.jpg is my 1999 LE Touring edition that I sold last month for $6900 with 105k on it. I paid $8000 for the 2003 Corolla, so in essence the newer car was only $1100 more with half the milage.

Korndog, If you look at the Jensen photo once again, you can barely make out a strip of velcro above the digital clock. I have a TomTom One XL portable Nav. I put velcro on the back of the unit as well as just above the clock on the LE's dash. It holds the unit just fine. Make sure it's the HD black velcro.

I'm loathe to use those suction cup thingies for several reasons, one is that it looks like crap, another is that thieves look for anything that will give a hint of a Nav unit in the car. I have even heard that thieves will look for the tell-tale 'ring' on the winshield that a suction cup leaves on the glass. Go with the velcro and you will not be dissapointed. (Mounting hint: Round off the ends of the velcro since most of the items on your dash is 'rounded' makes it look much nicer.

MSAGRO

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)