Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By RAV4EVR, October 29, 2007

Hello all... Well,.. It has been two years since I posted here since my 2001 Corolla's departure in 2005. I was able to get back in the Corolla again a few weeks ago. It is a 1994 Corolla DX. I will have the pictures ready by later today. It is STICK SHIFT ofcourse. DX with all possible options..

EDIT

====================

Well.. the Sequoia had to go thanx to the $2.90 in our area even in FALL/WINTER. Next summer will be worse..

This car came from a 14 hour one way trip to Florida (one way rental). Bought the car in 45 mins and drove straight back 14 hours... After about 29 hours of straight driving.. I was not tired.. but excited...

WHY?

See this.....................

http://www.freewebs.com/toyotasrock/corolla.htm

77k miles.

One owner. Lady's car.

Garaged. California car originally.

Toyota dealer maintained. The lady came to dealer to say good bye to the car. She was so attached to it. She traded it in for a Prius.

Welcome back! Can't wait to see some pics.

Bikeman982

Welcome back,

Since you have left I have done a few posts - jk, lots of them.

Your car looks exactly like my project car, except mine is a 1993 and not a DX (although the trunk lid I put on it does have the DX emblem on it).

Mine is an automatic, and does not have electric door locks and power windows.

Also it looks like you don't have a radio antenna and mine does - you need one?

Also my cars has almost 100,000 more miles on it. It is also a CA car.

Does it have the 1.6L 4A-FE or the 1.8L 7A-FE engine?

Nice to see that you have the tach in the instrument cluster,

I am putting more miles on the old one and keeping the one with a tach in reserve.

Tomorow I will take some pictures and post it here for you to compare.

(Why did you go to a 1994 from a 2001?

Does not seem like a step up. (Although I think the 7th generation body style is by far the best looking of the Corollas).

I found some pictures of my project car - they are what it looks like now, since I changed the hood, fender, bumpers (front and back) and also the trunk lid.

Check them out -

Welcome back,Since you have left I have done a few posts - jk, lots of them.

Your car looks exactly like my project car, except mine is a 1993 and not a DX (although the trunk lid I put on it does have the DX emblem on it).

Mine is an automatic, and does not have electric door locks and power windows.

Also it looks like you don't have a radio antenna and mine does - you need one?

Also my cars has almost 100,000 more miles on it. It is also a CA car.

Does it have the 1.6L 4A-FE or the 1.8L 7A-FE engine?

Nice to see that you have the tach in the instrument cluster,

I am putting more miles on the old one and keeping the one with a tach in reserve.

Tomorow I will take some pictures and post it here for you to compare.

(Why did you go to a 1994 from a 2001?

Does not seem like a step up, although I think the 7th generation body style is by far the best looking of the Corollas).

I found some pictures of my project car - they are what it looks like now, since I changed the hood, fender, bumpers (front and back) and also the trunk lid.

Check them out -

Holy crap.. u were busy here... default_smile

Hey.. Ur car looks exactly like mine!!

I do have an an antenna on the car.. just not out. LOL !!

Mine is a 1.8L 7A-FE engine.

My 2001 Corolla was replaced by a 2000 V6 STICK SHIFT CAMRY which I have as my other car.

Speaking of Step up (or not stepping up).. I sold my 2002 Toyota Sequoia to buy this car. 1) Just tired.. tired.. tired of making payments. 2) Needed some money saved for rainy day. 3) Gas pumps humped my ###### for almost two years while I had the Sequoia.

Now I am getting 3rd degree from all my friends. They do not understand this move but I am lovin it.

I actually was buying a 2001 Corolla again with CD, sunroof, blue with tan.. alloy wheels.. for 8000....... then I saw this car.. Like the body shape a lot.. for way less money???

PS... What changes are you planning for your Corolla? May I see pictures of the blue Corolla too that you have in the backgroun? Interior pics for both?

Thanks.

Bikeman982

Yes, I am kind of active here.

Does my car look like yours, or yours look like mine??

That's where your antenna is - hard to get good reception that way!

The Beige car is a 1993 with a 1.6L 4A-FE automatic.

The blue (actually "Wintermist green") car is a 1994 with a 1.8L 7A-FE automatic.

Glad you were able to save some money - bought a used car in great shape.

I don't plan any changes for my cars, just regular maintenance and constant use.

I did change the tail lights since the pictures were taken to the 1996 - 1997 style.

I didn't have any pictures of the interior - basically all stock, nothing great.

I did put slightly larger tires on the 1994 - 195/70R 14's on the rear.

I also installed a trailer hitch for towing my Kar Kaddy trailer.

The beige car is basic, the green is electric windows and power door locks, real DX.

Try this picture -

Hello all... Well,.. It has been two years since I posted here since my 2001 Corolla's departure in 2005. I was able to get back in the Corolla again a few weeks ago. It is a 1994 Corolla DX. I will have the pictures ready by later today. It is STICK SHIFT ofcourse. DX with all possible options..

EDIT

====================

Well.. the Sequoia had to go thanx to the $2.90 in our area even in FALL/WINTER. Next summer will be worse..

This car came from a 14 hour one way trip to Florida (one way rental). Bought the car in 45 mins and drove straight back 14 hours... After about 29 hours of straight driving.. I was not tired.. but excited...

WHY?

See this.....................

http://www.freewebs.com/toyotasrock/corolla.htm

77k miles.

One owner. Lady's car.

Garaged. California car originally.

Toyota dealer maintained. The lady came to dealer to say good bye to the car. She was so attached to it. She traded it in for a Prius.

Wow - that is a CLEAN car! Looks like it rolled off the showroom floor - looking at how clean the engine bay and interior is. Great score.

Bikeman982

I see a lot of cars and some are really dirty, especially in the engine compartment.

When people "detail" a car they do a very thorough cleaning.

I believe they can also spray the engine compartment with something that makes everything appear clean and shiny.

Of couse cars that have very low miles and are also garage kept will show less wear and tear.

Look at a lot of cars in the "sun" states - they are baked and peeling.

Cars from the "snow" states have a lot of corrosion from the salted roads.

RAV4EVR, you got a great-looking car and with low miles as well.

Definitely nice to have and it will be great for you. Congratulations.

Thanks all..

I will spend today going through Bikeman982's pictures..... very detailed.. Looks like he can take the car apart like I can take apart a mechanical pencil. Very kool !!

Bikeman982

Thanks all..I will spend today going through Bikeman982's pictures..... very detailed.. Looks like he can take the car apart like I can take apart a mechanical pencil. Very kool !!
Which pictures?

I have some experience now with the 7th generation Corollas.

Most of it is trial and error (also common sense). I do rely heavily on the Haynes Repair manual and the Toyota factory repair manual.

I am pretty good at removal and replacement of parts, but the little finesse touches I have a little trouble with.

I can get more pictures if you need any.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else