Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Corollas Vs. Celica

by twinky64, July 24, 2006 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

See every reply in these pages:

Twinky,

I LOVED my Gen5 Celica GT. Its realiable and very easy to drive.

We sold it a while back, but I still see it drive by sometimes (the new owner's workplace is close to mine).

I had no major issues with it. Like the corolla, its a solid car.

During the 2years I owned it, it was mainly my wife's ride, and sometimes my toy. Other than the parts that I replaced, due to wear and tear, I did not have anything go wrong.

The clutch was very forgiving. My wife re-learned to drive a stick on my Celica. I think she stalled 2-3times in 2yrs. She is now driving a 5sp Saab, and stalls it every other week...

It feels sporty, its not a FAST car (everything is relative), but its got pep.

Not as many parts available (vs honda), but I am not a Honda fan...

There are quite a few sites dedicated to Celica's, My favorite was toyotacelicaonline.com

my 2bits.

tdk

Max

Twinky,

I LOVED my Gen5 Celica GT.

tdk- I loved all three of my Celicas (as you mnight have read in my earlier post). Hated to see Toyota drop the model.

Bikeman982

Twinky,

I LOVED my Gen5 Celica GT.

tdk- I loved all three of my Celicas (as you mnight have read in my earlier post). Hated to see Toyota drop the model.

They don't make Celicas anymore??

Max

Nope. Celica and MR2 were dropped after the 05 models.

In addition, they are going to axe the 2ZZ-GE powered cars as well (Corolla XRS and Matrix XRS) after the 2008 model year.

Lots of well known, highly respected sport/sporty cars have been killed of by Toyota - Supra, Celica, MR2, "performance" Corolla/Matrix. Just not enough people buying these types of vehicles anymore to justify continued production.

Hopefully, they will release them in the future - possibly a limited run model. One can only hope.

Bikeman982

Nope. Celica and MR2 were dropped after the 05 models.

That's a shame. They looked sporty and it is surprising that they didn't sell as well.

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas