Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Die Hard Battery

By Bull6791, December 16, 2014

Fish

Sorry. You told me before some people had problems with die hard battery's. Why was that.

I forget. If you could please. Let me know.

Thanks.

That could happen with any battery. My personal experience was bad cells inside the battery case. Granted - this was more than 15 years ago - but it was enough of an issue that I haven't gone back to them.

I think DieHards are part of Johnson Control Systems now, haven't had a chance to look that up. For the money - IMO, there are better choices out there.

Fish

The bad cells you had inside the battery case on die hard battery where they already bad when you got battery or did they go bad later.

I know some people have had trouble with die hard batteries. Maybe it was the company that made the batteries for sears. Maybe they had a bad run.

I know I will not buy them.

Both - bad battery from the start, then cells that went bad over a period of time. Some owners loved Die Hard batteries - some had lots of trouble. Like with anything, you could run into a bad batch of "something". But Sears had a lot of other issues with their service centers - that + bad experience with their batteries have pretty much guaranteed that I will never do any work on my vehicles.

- that + bad experience with their batteries have pretty much guaranteed that I will never do any work on my vehicles.

You'll never work on your vehicles again??

You meant to say; You will never put a Die Hard battery in your vehicle again?

^^^ Yeah, meant to sat .... that I will never "let Sears" do any work on my vehicles.

You are correct, that I'll never put a Die Hard in any of my cars and that Sears will never touch my cars.

Sorry - tired, primarily due to an upset 8 month old baby girl (growth spurt + teething) - pretty much wiped out any semblance of sleep.

Topic List