Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Fluid Question

By Bull6791, September 23, 2014

See every reply in these pages:

Fish

Just curious where do you get as INLET TYPE PUMP to flush trans fluid and how much do you think it would cost.

Frank.

I think those machines go for anywhere from $4000 to $8000, depending on features and size. Definitely not something a home owner needs, unless you plan on building a business out of it. Service time is about an hour, and they can go through 12-20+ quarts of ATF -depending on the car and how sludged up they are.

Fish

What is a pump a home owner can buy to do trans fluid flush.

I want to get one. Maybe you can give me some advice on getting one. Appreciate it.

Frank

I can't recommend any pump for the home owner - they were never designed for that in mind. They are all commercial in design - the amount of maintenance and infrastructure they need would be more than what most people want to deal with.

Best flush a homeowner can do is like the link you posted up. That will get you 99% of what those machines can do (clean oil wise) - just need more time / labor on your part.

Of course - they won't stop you from buying one. Any DIY can buy an SST, provided you have the funds - but you'll also need a pit in the garage or a car lift, to get the machine under the car - doesn't work if the machine and car are too level to each other - need that pressure differential.

Topic List