Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Help With Part Number - 1999 Corolla

By Lemmy, July 17, 2010

I'm going to be replacing the valve cover gasket on my daughters 1999 Corolla. When I was doing the plugs and wires found that one of the plug boots had a bit of oil on it.

When I was doing the wires I found a small plastic L shape wire loom/bracket that was behind the 2 coil packs. I've never noticed it so it was something that was left broken from the previous owner - probably didn't even know it.

For the life of me I can't find it at any online part supplier. It's about 1.5 to 2 inches in height and screws into the valve cover by the oil fill cap and has 3 spark plug wire loom holes. I got out my magnifying glass and found the following on it:

NF2-221A

Any help with a Toyota number to reference would be great.

Thanks

That sounds like the plug wire clamp - parts book calls it the "clamp for resistive cords" Toyota part# 90929-01389. Should run about $2-$3 - but not 100% sure it will be stocked everywhere. You can have the dealership cross reference it a database - they should be able to show you an exploded diagram of the part in question.

That was it indeed. Thanks again for your help.

BTW - the valve cover gasket replacement was such an easy process. Don't miss the days of my American made V8 of days gone past that needed replacing what seemed like every couple of years. No blue sealant, no brittle cork or paper.

This Corolla had almost 208,000 miles and hopefully more.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)