Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Gas Leak Coming From End Of Hose On Fuel Inlet Pipe

by amanoai, November 10, 2009

Discovered a gas leak when I fill coming from the fuel inlet pipe. I saw dripping from the end of the hose that connects the inlet pipe to the pipe of the gas tank. It's the smaller pipe of the pipes. Need help as to what to do. The end of the hose with the hose clamp is loose so there is a section of the hard pipe that is rusted out. The hose looks black and braided? I'm thinking I could hacksaw off a little pipe from each end of the hose and find a slightly longer hose and reconnect. Is this possible or do I have to replace the entire fuel inlet pipe?

Possible to just cut and extend the portion you need. But better to drop the tank and check all the lines there. Might be seeing a just at tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Also, that fill tube leak is starting to get more common on the 7th and 8th gen Corollas. As they are getting close to that age where ozone and other environmental processes (temperature cycling and vibration) will cause those hoses to loosen, weaken and crack.

Thanks fish, if I just replace the section of hose I need, I think it's easy enough for me to fix and I wouldn't need to bring to my mechanic but if I need more and even drop the tank, then I will have to give my mechanic a call because it will be more than I want to tackle.

Topic List