Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Question Question About A Price For Diagnosis

Guest toyotacorollafx

hey everyone i was wondering how much should it cost to get a diagnosis/find where

an exhaust leak is

good morning, I'm curious, Why not just have some one else push a cloth on the exhaust pipe outlet while you look underneath the car for leaks... you would surely find almost any leak by noise and maybe sight. If you don't find any, you probably don't have any serious leak... Good luck Jim R.

Quick way is to look underneath and see if you can find any black deposits anywhere along the pipe. Anytime there is a crack or a leak - there would be exhaust deposits around the opening. That is basically what the shop will do anyway first.

Good Luck.

Guest toyotacorollafx

i was wondering...wouldnt that mess up ur car if its on and u stick a piece of cloth in the tailpipe to check for any noises or signs of leaks underneath the car?

i was wondering...wouldnt that mess up ur car if its on and u stick a piece of cloth in the tailpipe to check for any noises or signs of leaks underneath the car?

You wouldn't want to jam a cloth into the tail pipe, just have someone else press a folded up rag against the end of the pipe to cause it to build up a small bit of pressure.... you'll hear the leaks IF they are any size at all.... have fun... Jim

Topic List