Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Highest Miles On Their Car

by VinNumber, November 15, 2007

See every reply in these pages:

Bikeman982

My 1995 Corolla has 199,700 miles on it. I bought it when it had 120k (a little old lady owned it and it got totalled by insurance for hail damage, she repurchased it and sold it to me). I have mostly used synthetic oil (used syth blends once in a while) and the only thing I've had to do was move up to 89 octane gas since it runs a lot smoother on it and gets better mileage so it offsets the cost. The only thing I've had to fix on it was a wheel bearing that was improperly changed before I bought it.

Other than that its been great (other than running into deer that has put some more dents and bends into it) and I haven't been able to kill it. It holds oil fairly well and only burns 1/2 quart every 1,500 to 2,000 miles. That didn't start until about 170k and certain synthetics burn off worse than others. My car doesn't seem to like Mobil 1 too much, but holds onto Amsoil a lot better. It's due for a timing belt change so I don't know if I should just have the water pump changed at the same time or not.

I have a 1995 Corolla as a project car. It is currently in my garage as I am changing the transaxle.

The car has 232,000 miles on it and I may change the engine if it does not run good.

The rest of the car is fairly decent. How long have you had your car to put on those extra 79,700 miles?

I've had this car about 4 years. Unfortunately my wife ruined our other car in an accident, so I may have to buy another corolla soon.

That makes close to 20,000 miles a year (well above average).

Get your wife a Corolla, she will love you for it!

My 1995 Corolla has 199,700 miles on it. I bought it when it had 120k (a little old lady owned it and it got totalled by insurance for hail damage, she repurchased it and sold it to me). I have mostly used synthetic oil (used syth blends once in a while) and the only thing I've had to do was move up to 89 octane gas since it runs a lot smoother on it and gets better mileage so it offsets the cost. The only thing I've had to fix on it was a wheel bearing that was improperly changed before I bought it.

Other than that its been great (other than running into deer that has put some more dents and bends into it) and I haven't been able to kill it. It holds oil fairly well and only burns 1/2 quart every 1,500 to 2,000 miles. That didn't start until about 170k and certain synthetics burn off worse than others. My car doesn't seem to like Mobil 1 too much, but holds onto Amsoil a lot better. It's due for a timing belt change so I don't know if I should just have the water pump changed at the same time or not.

I have a 1995 Corolla as a project car. It is currently in my garage as I am changing the transaxle.

The car has 232,000 miles on it and I may change the engine if it does not run good.

The rest of the car is fairly decent. How long have you had your car to put on those extra 79,700 miles?

I've had this car about 4 years. Unfortunately my wife ruined our other car in an accident, so I may have to buy another corolla soon.

We were driving it as much as possible to keep the milage down on our newer (and now dead) car. Since she ruined the last one she gets no say in what I get so it'll probably be a corolla. I've thought about getting a 5 speed this time.

My car just rolled over 214,000. Got it at 199,---, then had a new clutch put in around 205,---. Other than that, haven't had any issues with it.

Bikeman982

We were driving it as much as possible to keep the milage down on our newer (and now dead) car. Since she ruined the last one she gets no say in what I get so it'll probably be a corolla. I've thought about getting a 5 speed this time.

Can she drive a standard??

Yes, but she will get the auto. Her last 3 cars were all standards.

Bikeman982

What does she prefer?

She may enjoy a standard and if you want to keep her happy - you have to get her what she prefers.

230,000K here...1997 5 speed manual trans

What does she prefer?

She may enjoy a standard and if you want to keep her happy - you have to get her what she prefers.

I actually ended up getting an Acura TL since I knew the guy and got a great deal on it. She's starting to like having an auto now..

Bikeman982

What does she prefer?

I actually ended up getting an Acura TL since I knew the guy and got a great deal on it. She's starting to like having an auto now..

Must be a nice car.

only 54000km/33000 miles here ('05 model)....

nothing done except for an air-con regas (as a result of dealership incompetance) and a shock absorber replaced under warranty. oh, and a wheel balance last week.

assuming I average about 15000km a year it would take me a further 17.7 yrs to reach 320,000km/200,000mi.

could I still have it then? who knows.....

had I kept my '00 I would be over 100,000km by now.

saw an '89 BMW 535i for sale locally recently, it had 320,000km/200,000mi on it. they were only asking A$6,000.

Topic List