Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Overdrive Button

by Cyberbilly, October 4, 2007

See every reply in these pages:

You can leave your OD on all the time, everyone does.

You are the first person I have ever heard of that waits until they are at 80 to turn it on.

You can leave your OD on all the time, everyone does.You are the first person I have ever heard of that waits until they are at 80 to turn it on.

I do leave it on all the time. My point was, when I'm trraveling in a crowd of cars all doing 80mph, I sometimes need to "downshift" if I need a little extra boost of accelleration. Ideally, I'd like to keep both hands on the wheel when kicking it out of OD. That was the point of my original question.

Bikeman982

You can leave your OD on all the time, everyone does.You are the first person I have ever heard of that waits until they are at 80 to turn it on.

I do leave it on all the time. My point was, when I'm trraveling in a crowd of cars all doing 80mph, I sometimes need to "downshift" if I need a little extra boost of accelleration. Ideally, I'd like to keep both hands on the wheel when kicking it out of OD. That was the point of my original question.

What does kicking your OD off at 80 MPH do for your car??

It helps me go at 85 for a short burst of extra speed/accelleration when I need it.

Bikeman982

It helps me go at 85 for a short burst of extra speed/accelleration when I need it.

Doesn't your tranny race kind of fast?

Wouldn't stepping on the gas make it go faster (I know, not as quickly)?

Topic List