Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Hi All

by DaveAclm, October 11, 2004

Hi! My wife and I just bought a '95 Corolla wagon a couple of weeks ago to replace our old Plymouth Acclaim (thus the screen name; I hung out at the Allpar boards that are the parent of this site, and it's all one database, so I had to stick with the old name).

Anyway, we're pretty pleased with the wagon; it's our first experience with a Toyota. At 103k miles, the car appeared to have had very little in the way of repairs done to it and little in the way of maintenance besides oil changes. So the brake fluid is frighteningly dark, the front pads are at the wear indicator buzzers and the plugs, belts, timing belt, etc., are all apparently original.

Or they were until yesterday, when I spent about 12 hours changing the timing belt. The lack of clearance was frustrating (the Plymouth had much more room), but the old belt looked great -- not too different from the old one. The original belts were also in decent shape, with just a few cracks across the ribs. I replaced everything anyway, though I'll hang on to the old belts. New Densos replaced what had to have been the original spark plugs, and I got a new PCV valve and air filter on there.

Later this week I'll be doing the brakes and flushing the fluid. Then an oil and filter change, trans fluid and filter change, and a new passenger window regulator and we'll be good to go.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just introducing myself...

-Dave

'95 Corolla Wagon

Max

Hi Dave! Welcome. Hope you have many great years with your Corolla wagon.

Welcome to the Toyota side. Yeah - I was a Mopar man before. Once I got started on the imports - never looked back. Sounds like you are all over that wagon - maintanence-wise. Good to have you here.

Topic List