Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Questions

Guest Rustyfella

Hey hey i'm actually an Ozcelica.com member but my misses just bought a corolla and i have a few questions to ask....

She has a 2002 ascent 5 door hatch so its the base model...

i was wondering how hard it would be to put power windows in and if the wiring was through the door just not hooked up...

Also i was wondering how easy or hard it is to get remote central locking hooked up as she only has central locking not remote...

Any help would be apprieciated...

Thankyou...

Thomas

Will not be a simple wire it up and go type of thing - have to replace the manual window regulators with the power window variants (not sure exactly how the non-North American models compare with the rest of the world - but I'd be suprised if there was much gross difference between the major system in different markets). Wiring is also not pre-run in the door - as I picked up a base model door to replace my existing power window setup - look nothing alike inside. Might be easier to source doors with the power option and just wire them up yourself. Not sure how this will fly past you engineering inspection if you replace the entire door - I know in the States - you do not have to resubmit anything in the way of engineering paperwork on this kind or other kinds of modifications.

Bikeman982

The doors are both the same, but that's about the only similarity.

The door panels are different. You would need to change the window regulators,

put power window motors in place of the handle cranks, and then do all the wiring.

It would not be an easy conversion, or a cheap one, although it could be done.

I own a 2001 corolla ce and am interested in converting to power doors and windows. Are there pre-existing wires so that I may change the doors with ones equipped with power doors and locks? I like the car (220k miles and 39mpg hwy) but I wish for more amenities. CE is way too basic for me. Hopefully the conversion is simple?

Otherwise, I may try and sell it and get an 8th gen corolla S, or 9th gen xrs for 35mpg and 4-wheel disc brakes, or e90 335i. The last choice is a half-joke.

Fortunately, the wiring should already be there, just have to put in the appropriate motor, regulator, and switches. The trick is finding a clean 8th gen with salvageable switchgear, motor, and regulators - selection may be better or worse, depending on your area.

If the car is in good shape, runs well - this is a completely viable option. Otherwise - you could find a clean late 8th gen Corolla or as you mentioned, a 2005-2006 Corolla XRS. Though 35MPG with those is tough to get, you have to stay out of "lift" for that to happen.

Topic List