Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Catalytic Converter

by crypticlineage, January 23, 2007

See every reply in these pages:

My mechanic called me and told me his recorder malfunctioned, so next week when I bring the 'rolla in for an oil change, he is going to try a new recorder. Maybe he will see the ECM going bonkers. I did call him to see if he would shut down the cel when it comes time for my next inspection since it is running lean now and he said he would. We will see how his memory is next year. Thanks all for your suggestions.

Bikeman982

My mechanic called me and told me his recorder malfunctioned, so next week when I bring the 'rolla in for an oil change, he is going to try a new recorder. Maybe he will see the ECM going bonkers. I did call him to see if he would shut down the cel when it comes time for my next inspection since it is running lean now and he said he would. We will see how his memory is next year. Thanks all for your suggestions.
Try a different fault reader and also reset the CEL.

My car past even though I had a CEL.

I reset it, did an emissions test and a couple of days later the CEL came back on.

I reset it and sold the car - I told the new owner about the CEL, so he is aware.

All, my mechanic worked out a deal with his supplier so that I can "try out a new MAF". He installed the new MAF, shut off the CEL light, and test drove the car three times before he called me to pick the car up. He then told me not to pay anything until I tested the car for a week! I now have about 800 miles on the MAF and it has been a week and the CEL has not come on, (knock on wood). I think my long term CEL problem is now gone; I only need to see how much this will cost. My mechanic would not tell me. Anybody out there have any estimates. To put the MAF in can't take more than one hour and I know the MAF itself is about $180.

Topic List