Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Boost

by 954afe, December 11, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

trust me it wont just make a hissing noise, they guy taht is doing it is amazing, its his life/job

If the guy knew what he was doing then he would be choosing a proper sized turbo. As it is you've got a proposed setup with apparently no engine management. That alone should send some red flags up the pole. The setup is being done for 100% free? I've been in this business for a lot of years. On occasions I've even been flown places to tune cars. I've never heard of anyone experienced doing a turbo setup for free.

If the turbo is small enough that you'll be making full boost at 1500 then you will quickly reach a critical point where the exhaust backpressure goes up exponentially but the boost going in does not. I think you will find that bad things will happen shortly after that and they won't just be your manifold glowing a nice red colour. If the guy is an expert then ask him for a compressor map so you can post it and those who work with turbos can see if it's going to be a good choice for your car.

its called sponsorship, and its an autocross car, and an experiment car, it will work, ill try and post video when its done

you seem young so let me lay some wisdom down, nothing worthwhile is ever free. sponsorship isnt free, you have to meet a set of obligations set forth by the sponsor. not meeting those obligations can result in them suing you, fining you, or if its in the terms of the contract, taking your car! some car sponsorships sign the title of the car to the sponsor, it legally belongs to the sponsor and its only your car again when you've met the obligations. it could things like going to a minimum number of car shows and entering a minimum number of categories, going to certain races and placing above a certain position, etc.

well its a close friend who is sponsoring me and all i ahve to do is go to all the autocrosses that are schedueled for me next seasons

Topic List