Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Handling Question

Guest bsetley

Am trying to find polyurethane bushings for 2004 corolla to improve handling. Anyone know of any or have any good reports for this as to improving handling on a 2003+ corolla????

thanks

Polyurethane bushings alone will not improve handling - but they will help reduce any extra movement in the suspension for more accurate handling.

Be wary of anyone selling poly bushings without telling you what the "hardness" or durometer (ASTM or IRHT methods). The bushings have to have different compliances or you will have problems with bearings, tire scrub, and ride quality issues.

As far as I know - the bigger maunufacturers like Energy Suspension and HyperFlex only make poly motor mount upgrades right now. The bushings may not come out for awhile - how soon? depends on Corolla performance demand. Which is not really high - but getting much better than in the past.

Guest djwolford

Try a machine shop, have some made.

Guest xmaverickx

do sway bars make a big difference as far as handling is concern???

You will defintely notice a difference with sways. Also, you might want to upgrade your struts and springs for a very big handling difference.

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/toy.html

The set listed for the Matrix are the same as our cars (03-05 Corolla) and make a real difference in traction, not handling. That change comes with lowering springs, better shocks, a strut bar and sway bars.

Guest xmaverickx

You will defintely notice a difference with sways. Also, you might want to upgrade your struts and springs for a very big handling difference.

if i upgrade my struts and springs, do i necessarily have to lower the car???

Most aftermarket springs do lower your car. However, you could upgrade your struts and reuse stock springs for added performance.

upgrade your tires or wheels first!! get some bigger and lighter wheels!! unsprung weight reduction can help acceleration as well as braking, performance tires would do the same!! then go on about lowering and upgrading other suspension parts!!

Guest bsetley

Appreciate all the replys. I asked 'cause I had an old toyo 4x4 and ubgrading the bushings made a big difference. Anyway.......

if they help then does anyone recommend some good sway bars they have used that won't hurt the wallet too much??

I have the Hotchkis sway bars that cost around $250-$300 depending where you buy them. Otherwise Progress and TRD make a rear sway bar that costs less.

Topic List