Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Looking Forward To Summer

By muzak, August 21, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

Today I was at a mall and saw this humungous woman get into a Corolla wearing a halter top and spandex. My best goes out to the Toyota as it hardly even jumped when she got into the driver's seat.

I may be the oldest guy on here and maybe after about 40 years of soccer, about to develop a bit of a stomach. But, no offence to any women on here, but I would think the heart attack ratio will soon be leaning more toward the other sex. This may get me into trouble with some people on here, but what is happening here to our society???

Bikeman982

Today I was at a mall and saw this humungous woman get into a Corolla wearing a halter top and spandex. My best goes out to the Toyota as it hardly even jumped when she got into the driver's seat.I may be the oldest guy on here and maybe after about 40 years of soccer, about to develop a bit of a stomach. But, no offence to any women on here, but I would think the heart attack ratio will soon be leaning more toward the other sex. This may get me into trouble with some people on here, but what is happening here to our society???

You definitely are not the oldest guy on here, and our society is supposed to be full of freedoms - including the right to dress the way we want.

I have seen people who have more holes in their bodies than pincushions and I am not crazy about that, but I spent 24 years in the military to defend their rights and freedoms.

I tried back in 1969 but flunked the medical. As soon as the doctor saw my stitches from my cartilidge operation that was it.

Max

muzak- Everything is too big- portion sizes, people, SUVs. Scary.

^^Very scary. I was at Santa's village with the kids on Saturday, and Santa was slimmer than the average adult there. Lots of overweight kids, young kids too... Scary and sad

Bikeman982

^^Very scary. I was at Santa's village with the kids on Saturday, and Santa was slimmer than the average adult there. Lots of overweight kids, young kids too... Scary and sad

Is it Christmas already??

I have seen people who have more holes in their bodies than pincushions and I am not crazy about that, but I spent 24 years in the military to defend their rights and freedoms.
Sorry Bikeman: I wasn't referring to peoples' freedoms. I was referring to just what I saw again on the news this morning from a new study.

Fact: In Canada

-26% of school kids are overweight to the point of obesity

-9% of the parents recognize the problem...the rest think it as normal

whats amazing is the mindset people have about their weight, they think they have no control over it.

my GF said 'i cant loose weight, its not my fault, my whole family is fat!' well surprise surprise, she stopped drinking sodas, started to exercise more, and eat less (still alot of the same foods but smaller portions) and low and behold she's lost 20lbs over the course of just less than a year. she used to be able to eat a whole medium pizza, now she has a hard time finishing a personal pan pizza. no person in these modern times needs to eat a whole medium pizza in one sitting! NO ONE has any need to ever eat that much!

The reason why we're the most obese nation on the planet is simple -- Americans eat too many calories, way in excess of their daily energy needs, and too many of those calories are "empty" calories. The empty calories, composed primarily of sugars like sucrose, glucose, and lactose, are turned into glycogen in our livers and then must be immediately "burned" by the energy demands of our muscles. There's the problem -- that isn't happening, for the most part. People eat too much, then move too little.

The average caloric intake of a typically obese person would probably be a bit too much for a person who was going to spend the day working as a steveadore. However, when that caloric intake just spends the day behind a desk, or on a couch, then what becomes of it is that it is stored in newly-created fat cells -- hopefully for future use -- which also usually never happens. Those fat cells eventually reach a stage of maturity where they are actually no longer able to give up their energy-- and the blood then becomes saturated with dangerous low-density lipoprotiens and serum cholesterol. These fats build up in mass areas along the lining of our arteries, which become less flexible as the "plaque" hardens. Blood flow to critical organs like the heart muscles, brain, and kidneys is reduced, and eventually results in heart attacks, strokes, and renal failure.

There really is only one way to avoid these problems -- make sure you are burning (metabolizing) the calories you're taking in, and make sure you're not taking in more calories than you're burning.

The American addiction to oral pleasure -- in the form of food, alcohol, and tobacco, is probably our greatest problem. Another is that we eat junk because our culture doesn't allow us enough time each day to eat proper meals at proper times. Until this changes, Americans will be fat. I'm a more or less normal weight for a male my age, and I have to sacrifice a lot of eating pleasure to maintain my weight. I'd love nothing more than to sit down to a nice big plate of pasta every evening before going to bed, but I don't. Since I have to retire early (usually 8 PM) to get up early enough to be at work by 6 AM, my evening meal often consists of a glass of Ovaltine and some raw carrots. I have my main meal at lunchtime, which is 11 AM since I'm eating breakfast at 3:30 AM.

I've had to make some serious lifestyle adaptations in order to maintain a healthy weight, including the fact that I'm now riding my bike to work nearly every day. Most Americans, even those who live as close to work as I do, won't do that.

Max

Today another study on the dangers of being overweight was released. According to this one, it's not just being obese that can kill, simply being "somewhat overweight," can, too. I echo all your sentiments, Larry, and I'm ashamed to say that though I'm only 2 miles from my workplace, I rarely walk there, and never ride my bicylce, as it's a safety issue...narrow roads, no bike lane. I do get exercise on the bike, though, and get other exercise the old-fashoined way, like washing and waxing the car, working in the yard, walking the dog, cleaning my own house, etc. So many people don't do their own "chores" anymore. I think it adds to the fatness.

somehow i can sitdown and eat a pound of pasta in a day and not see any weight gain. im not that active, but i remain skinny. either i have tapeworms or a high metabolism. i need to force myself into a more balanced diet tho, i eat alot of dairy, meat, and pasta. i dont eat alot of vegetables or fruits. is there a skinny gene?

Bikeman982

Sorry Bikeman: I wasn't referring to peoples' freedoms. I was referring to just what I saw again on the news this morning from a new study.

Fact: In Canada

-26% of school kids are overweight to the point of obesity

-9% of the parents recognize the problem...the rest think it as normal

I agree that too many people are overweight. A lot is due to what we eat and all the good tasting fattening foods.

I am a vegeterian and don't eat meat and fish. Other than some food that I dislike (like broccoli, etc), I eat anything and I don't care about what or how much I eat. I am skinny, maybe because of my high metabolism rate. I can't keep still and I am constantly doing something. I guess that burns up everything. I bike once in a while, I have been trying to do this more often. I never care about calories or fat or sugar or anything. As a matter of fact, I hate fat-free, sugar-free things. I always try to find food that aren't "-free" of anything at the grocery store.

Bikeman982

I am a vegeterian and don't eat meat and fish. Other than some food that I dislike (like broccoli, etc), I eat anything and I don't care about what or how much I eat. I am skinny, maybe because of my high metabolism rate. I can't keep still and I am constantly doing something. I guess that burns up everything. I bike once in a while, I have been trying to do this more often. I never care about calories or fat or sugar or anything. As a matter of fact, I hate fat-free, sugar-free things. I always try to find food that aren't "-free" of anything at the grocery store.
Some people with high metabolisms can eat anything and never gain weight. Eventually it will slow down and it will catch up to them.

Some people with high metabolisms can eat anything and never gain weight. Eventually it will slow down and it will catch up to them.

I know what you mean. I forget my age, but I think I'm into my fifties by now and so far the tapeworm hasn't died. My wife says I should weight 400 pounds because of what I eat, but I still hover around 152 pounds. She warns me that one of these days I'm going to do a "Nutty Professor" and wake up 200 pounds heavier.

Bikeman982

I know what you mean. I forget my age, but I think I'm into my fifties by now and so far the tapeworm hasn't died. My wife says I should weight 400 pounds because of what I eat, but I still hover around 152 pounds. She warns me that one of these days I'm going to do a "Nutty Professor" and wake up 200 pounds heavier.

You don't know how old you are??

It's hard to tell how old I am. If I was as old as I feel sometimes I should be retired and sitting in a home somewhere. If I was as old as I act...I would still be in school.

Bikeman982

It's hard to tell how old I am. If I was as old as I feel sometimes I should be retired and sitting in a home somewhere. If I was as old as I act...I would still be in school.
I know what you mean - my wife says she has 4 kids - she counts me as one!!

I feel like I'm 53 going on eighteen. Now, I just wish I could sell that concept to some 18 year old girls!

Bikeman982

I feel like I'm 53 going on eighteen. Now, I just wish I could sell that concept to some 18 year old girls!

Do you know what an 18 year old boy likes - an 18 year old girl.

Do you know what an 28 year old boy likes - an 18 year old girl.

Do you know what an 38 year old boy likes - an 18 year old girl.

Do you know what an 48 year old boy likes - an 18 year old girl.

Do you know what an 58 year old boy likes - an 18 year old girl.

Do you know what an 68 year old boy likes - an 18 year old girl.

You get the point?

It's called perpetuation of the species - 18 year old girls bare children the best.

You get the point?

It's called perpetuation of the species - 18 year old girls bare children the best.

I'm sure the perpetuation of the species thing has a lot to do with it. But in my case, it's not so much about how the 18 year old girls bear children, but how they look when they're bare! Also, women who are vastly younger are probably more likely to have a more appreciative attitude toward an older man. Women my age generally don't seem to have any more use for men. Or, at least, I've not recently met one who seemed to. They're usually totally wrapped up in grandchildren that it is nearly impossible to get a satisfactory piece of their attention span directed toward you once the relationship is established. And since the invention of the cell phone, they are almost completely unavailable from a physical and emotional standpoint.

I am 53, and am contemplating the start of a relationship with a young woman who is only 21. She's all for it, but I've been holding back due to my own confused "fatherly" instincts toward her. However, it would be very nice to be in a realationship with a woman who wasn't carrying any "baggage.'

Bikeman982

You get the point?

I'm sure the perpetuation of the species thing has a lot to do with it. But in my case, it's not so much about how the 18 year old girls bear children, but how they look when they're bare! Also, women who are vastly younger are probably more likely to have a more appreciative attitude toward an older man. Women my age generally don't seem to have any more use for men. Or, at least, I've not recently met one who seemed to. They're usually totally wrapped up in grandchildren that it is nearly impossible to get a satisfactory piece of their attention span directed toward you once the relationship is established. And since the invention of the cell phone, they are almost completely unavailable from a physical and emotional standpoint.

I am 53, and am contemplating the start of a relationship with a young woman who is only 21. She's all for it, but I've been holding back due to my own confused "fatherly" instincts toward her. However, it would be very nice to be in a realationship with a woman who wasn't carrying any "baggage.'

That's my point exactly. No matter what age the man is, young girls look physically attractive to them. It is a built-in human nature instinct.

Older women do not have the same child-bearing drive as the younger ones. Grandchildren become their focus in life (good for the grandchildren - they get spoiled).

I say go for it with the younger girl (if she is for you). Everyone determines their own level of happiness.

Get her a Corolla while you are at it!!

You have to remember though...the less baggage a woman is carrying means the faster she can pick up and leave home.

Bikeman982

You have to remember though...the less baggage a woman is carrying means the faster she can pick up and leave home.
Why not just find a homeless woman to date??

True enough -- but ideally, you want her carrying YOUR baggage, not someone else's. If she is too emotionally invested in the proceeds of previous relationships, then she will be less likely to make the same investment in you.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else