Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Any Tire Recommendations....

by enotoga, April 22, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

<snip>

I take it you have Goodyear Integrities. I have Bridgestone Insigna SE200-02 as OEM. They are fine tires, better than the Goodyears, but they are mid-line at best. If you want somethin a lot better than the OEM, look at these:

B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A H

B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A T

</snip>

After driving past a pool and hydroplaning with those OEM Integretys, I researched and went with the BFG's T/A Ts. Overall happy with them. Traction has definlety improved, both dry and wet. Noise is no better/worse? I really can't say for sure how much is just design of car vs. tire, but road noise is constant on highway.

Will probably go with them agian, or try something different just to compare.

I'll toss in my endorsement for the Goodyear Assurance Triple Treds. I put them on my '03 Corolla two years ago, and have run them in all kinds of weather. The traction is fantastic, the handling is supurb, and the ride is OK. I'll tell you right now, these are not the most comfortable riding tires I've owned, but they excel in all other areas. They also respond dramatically to even small changes in air pressure. Blow them up beyond 35 PSI and you'll get a bit better fuel economy, but handling will be twitchy, especially in high winds. I'd suggest keeping the air pressure between 32 - 35 PSI with the Triple Treds. At that pressure, you'll still get max. EPA mileage, but ride and handling will be a lot better. These tires have cured me of my long-standing tendency to run my tires above maximum pressure.

Did you loose any MPG compared to stock LRR tires?

TT tire were also my first choice but I heard of people loosing up to 10% MPG.

I went with BFG Traction T/A (H-rated), good traction, somewhat noisy. Interestingly, I lost 10% mpg on first tank and then it went back to normal. I guess tires need to brake in.

My fuel economy with the Goodyear Assurance Triple Treds has been as good as with the OEM Firestone FR690 tires, if not better. I keep my tires inflated to the full 35 PSI, or a bit over. Also, they have been wearing very evenly, and not too much at that. I'm sure I'll get maximum tread life out of them.

Bikeman982

Anybody know if Firestone is a good brand for Corolla tires??

Max

Some Corollas come with Firestones, and yes, some Firestone models are okay. Any reputable tire manufacturer can make a great tire - or an awful one. Goodyear, for instance, makes both the nasty Integrity and the amazing Assurance.

BF Goodrich Traction T/A H

I put these on my 2005 LE, and they are worth every penny....

Where did you purchase them from and what did they cost you?? What size are they?

Sorry for the delayed response...

I got mine at a local Warehouse Club store caleld BJ's. I think they are around $85 a price including lifetime rotation, balance, road hazard and free installation. It was the best money I have ever spent on tires. As for the size, I cant remember off the top of my head, but it is the factory recommeneded size for the LE. Nothing special.

Topic List