Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By joso, January 6, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

I also purchased Michelin Harmony tires for my car. default_biggrin

WAY better than the Integrity's that were still on there.

I was scared to drive in the rain and snow with those things.

Looks like I'll be the market for a set of tires before too long. The Integritys are wearing fast on my Corolla, and I've only had the car a little over 2 years. I'll look into the Michelin Harmonys, and probably Toyo Ultras.

$582 Canadian installed.

Some of the best money I've ever spent, besides buying a Corolla. default_biggrin

My old lady just had a set of Harmonys put on her '01 Civic over at NTB. From what she told me, they (NTB) were very helpful and honest.

As for the tires, she's had them a few weeks now, and we both agree the ride/handling quality is great. No complaints.

Bikeman982

I think like any tire place, there are good and bad days for the store. If you get good tires and they are mounted and balanced in a satisfactory time period, then the store is fine. If you have problems with the tires and the store takes care of you, that is good customer service and warrants repeat business. If they don't treat you right, you have the option of never going back to them. If everyone practiced this method, only the best places would stay in business. So much for the economics lesson.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. After I posted in January, didn't snow much so I decided to keep the OEM's a little longer. In April, I went to Costco and noticed tire sale - $60 rebate for purchase of 4 tires. So I bought Michelin X-radials and paid total $556.35 incl. install and balancing.

The tires have been great so far. The Integrity's were not very good tires - in snowy or wet roads especially. I don't know why I didn't take the advise of so many and change tires sooner. The first thing I did notice when driving out of the lot was no noise when turning. On many occaisions, OEM tires made noises when turning, even when slowing down as turn is made. But no such problems now.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to give me your advise and suggestions.

I just replaced the Goodyear Integrity tires on my car at a bit over 44,000 miles. I really wore the tread as far as I could go.

The Integrity tires are just plain absolute CRAP. Horrible tires. They would follow any seam in the road, and on the local concrete roads, they'd take the car all over the place. No grip at all, they felt like they'd fall on themselves in any decent cornering.

I replaced with Pirelli P400, P195/65/15, at $59 per tire, installed. Did it at a local tire place here in Atlanta (Kauffman Tire). Total bill for 4 tires, plus a 4-wheel alignment, was $317.

It shameful Toyota would put such crappy tires on the Corolla.

default_sad

definetly X-radial!simulation assurance vie

I have the x radials from Costco on my sienna. I bought them in late fall 3 years ago. My wife has been complaining about them slipping or spinning on wet or snowy roads since the second season we purchased them.They will spin when wet when slowly taking off from a dead stop. She is Always asking me if there is something wrong with them. Tread wear is not what i expected from a Michelin. The fronts were over 1/2 worn at 25000 and the backs were a bit better. Costco is notorious for rotation problems. I took them in at 5000 . they would not rotate them. too early. then i took them in at 12000 . would not rotate them . Said I needed the better tires in back. The fronts were wearing out faster. Said screw it and rotated them myself. They probably would need replacement at 35000-40000 or so but i sold the van yesterday.It was Not even close to the 80000 advertised.

Make sure you rotate exactly as scheduled or face problems. Nitrogen filling is also a problem. You can not mix it with air so its a no go to add a few pounds. You have to take it in to costco and let them do it. It does make the tires hold air much longer. They seem to hold air and not rust the rim inside either. I guess there are trade offs for everything. I am just glad those tires are gone. I would have had to spend $400+ again next fall or fight with costco over their weird policies. That is the first set of Michelin's I have ever owned that i was not overjoyed with. I have had them on many other vehicles and they are usually the worlds best tire. I would probably buy them again Just because of the price. They were at least $100 below similar tires of that quality ,but we will see. My new (used ) car i bought has continentals.

Many places. Visit www.michelinman.com to find a retailer near you. There's a link right on the front page.

Had great service from Michelin Harmony on 2 2003 Corollas. Bought Michelin X-Radials at BJ's for my 2008 CE at 7K miles because the Integrity tires were skittish in wind and rain.

Now at 15K on the X-Radials and they feel very smooth and grippy.

So glad I pitched the OEM junk again.

If you have a CE, go up one size to the 195's used on the LE. Perfect fitment and better footprint.

Interesting responses. I've never been a Costco member but have always received great service from BJs with respect to my tire purchases......except for one creep that they employed for a good many years in the Weymouth MA store until the tire section closed recently....probably attributable to his "great" disposition.

I've bought 5 or 6 sets of 4 X-Radials from BJs and always get 80K worth of wear. I have them presently on my Corolla. I'd have them on my 1996 Voyager as well but they had to be ordered and I needed tires right away. I went with BF Goodrich and they've been great too.

We had a difficult driveway to get out of in snow season. My wife's van was always the only vehicle not to have trouble getting out.

Jay in MA

interesting.. im going to check this one out.. thanks a lot

i just wanted to add a couple things. Remember that x-radials are specifically made for the warehouse clubs. You can not buy them anywhere else so getting a price match or lower price from a large tire chain like discount tire is impossible.I have tried. I did talk to some costco employees about my experience with x-radials. They said that my experience was highly unusual . I probably agree. I got a lower than usual quality set of tires.

I look at it this way too. The longer the tread wear on a tire the harder the rubber compound usually is. That means that an 80000 mile tire will probably not be as good on snow , ice , or in the rain. I am sure there are exceptions but look at the compounds on performance tires and the tread wear they provide or the lack of it. If you need traction or drive in bad weather a lot ,get a more aggressive m-s tread pattern , or a softer compound. otherwise the 80000 mile highway tread is fine.

Topic List