Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2ooo corrola air intake

Guest frickinspic

hi i have a 2000 corolla ce and wanna know how can i put on an air intake....i bought one and try to install it but i ran into a problem ...the mass air flow sensor...i wanna know if theres a way to get rid of it or if i can adjust it so it can fit in the intake with out messing up the car or if they sell an intake for this problem.....some one please HELP

I would not "get rid" of the mass airflow sensor or try to force it into the air intake. As you know, the mass airflow sensor measures the density of the air for determining the proper amount of fuel metering. Stock mass airflow sensors have a bore designed to accomodate the flow of the stock air intake system. When you upgrade your air intake you should keep in mind that the ECM is calibrated only for the stock system. Sometimes upgrading to an aftermarket intake will net you real power gains - then again - sometimes it will turn out to be much worse. Make sure that the intake was designed specifically for your car - sometimes a manufacture will lump several car model years to one product. Car manufactures may make running changes from year to year - this may be causing your mis-match. Most of the people I know running the short ram intakes or cold air intakes from Injen, AEM, and HKS had good luck with them with little or no modifications. Some intake come with a calibrated mass airflow sensor for use with the intake - you just have to look around.

Topic List