Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2002 Brake Switch Bumper Help?

by Steves40th, February 11, 2018

Mine broke last night. Is there a Dorman or part number that I can use to get one at a parts store. I know its late, but i need the car tomorrow..

Thanks

• 110 posts

I'm not sure on the part you are mentioning. I have found this web site to be most useful, as it has better and more complete diagrams ...

https://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/

If you follow the brake pedal up, there is the brake switch. It has a metal plunger that hits a cushion. When you push the pedal this switch plunger comes out and lights come on. The cushion is plastic, and after 20 plus years, it broke. It is a plastic piece that fits in a little hole. The hole is the same size as the plunger, so when it broke, the plunger is always out, causing the brake lights to stay on, Here is the 1.72 part at the dealership. Same part on Amazon up to 20 bucks.

Toyota 90541-06036

• 110 posts

If you follow the brake pedal up, there is the brake switch. It has a metal plunger that hits a cushion. When you push the pedal this switch plunger comes out and lights come on. The cushion is plastic, and after 20 plus years, it broke. It is a plastic piece that fits in a little hole. The hole is the same size as the plunger, so when it broke, the plunger is always out, causing the brake lights to stay on, Here is the 1.72 part at the dealership. Same part on Amazon up to 20 bucks.

Toyota 90541-06036

I'm glad you found the part. I was thrown off by the "bumper" word in the description. Seems like a good price on Amazon:

"Toyota Cushion For Stop Lamp Switch 2pcs Genuine Parts 90541-06036" a little over 14 bucks.

On a side note, I made the mistake of buying non-Toyota made inner fender liner for my 9th gen Corolla, as it was a really poor fit (slightly smaller than original) and have to purchase a proper one from Toyota.

I bought it at the dealership for 1.72.. cant beat that.

• 110 posts
I bought it at the dealership for 1.72.. cant beat that.
No, you can't beat. Beats waiting for shipping also.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)