Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1987 Corolla Carburetor Help

by 87toynova, December 13, 2016 in Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm

Hi all!! I have a 1987 Chevy Nova with a Toyota Corolla motor, 1.6L 4cyl. auto. It was built under the joint manufacturing venture between GM and Toyota known as NUMMI (New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc.) based in Fremont, Ca until 2010. My car has been extremely reliable for over 15 years of daily driver use until I upgraded to a 1995 Camry Wagon for 2 years while driving out-of-town for work. Unfortunately the car, affectionately known as the TOYNOVA, has had minimal use over the past 2 years and is currently at the mechanics for a tune-up. Our local Toyota mechanic is a family friend but is overwhelmed with business and is willing to help me out if I can do some leg work by finding a suitable replacement Carburetor, Carburetor Base plate, and Carburetor preheater (preheat plate). I have found some carbs on eBay and such but I am hoping someone out there may have already experienced this and may be able to offer some help or at least a good point in the right direction.

Anyone with any information as to where to find these parts, specifically the preheater, or any general information regarding the carburetor would be most appreciated.

Thank you dom. Great website.

Topic List: Go to Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm