Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Front And Rear Bumpers

By sonographer1963, October 6, 2014

My corolla has been great except for the bumpers. The first week I owned it, I went into an automated car wash and had the front driver side bumper pulled away. Got that fixed. Ran over a pot hole or two. Front bumper again becoming detached and I am using duct tape to keep it together. Meanwhile someone in the employee garage put a small dent in the middle of my back bumper. I didn't think much of it. I was driving on the interstate in Nashville at approx 65 mph and all of a sudden the back bumper flew off and went up into the air. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes. I hope to fix this car up and give it to my daughter when she gets her license in July. I will never get another Toyota as this one has been aggravation since day one.

Any similar experience or advice??? Thank you.

What model year car do you have?

I agree - unless the clips and through bolts have pulled completely away from the bumper cover and underbody shielding - pretty unusual for those to peel away like that. I'd take a look underneath and see if the underbody cover have pulled away from their mounting points, if any clips have pulled free. If that is flopping around underneath the car, it could easy catch and divert enough air pressure at speed to the bumper covers - causing them to literally blow off the car. They were designed to take pressure from the outside pushing in, not the other way around.

Topic List