Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Damaged Parts.

by Snow Tire September 8, 2014

Does anyone else have this problem? I ordered three times recently from Rock Auto and all three times only five of the six sides of the box gets bubble wrap or air bags. The one unprotected side of the box damaged the parts!

They quickly refund my money. But it would be nice to be able to use the part when I've set aside the time to do the work.

Their packaging leaves a lot to be desired.

I should have posted this in general discussion.

I never had such problems in about 20 times with Rock Auto, shipped via ground, consolidated (Landmark) to Canada... I just placed another order again tonight. I dropped the last box from 5 feet up to the ground last time. GMC 5.0- oil pan and gasket, Ram 5.7- 16 Denso Platinum TT spark plugs and 2 air filters remained perfectly undamaged.

I've had stuff shipped from there that came in a pretty beat up box - but the contents always made it in one piece.

Could be the delivery handler for the package - that last bit from the main shipping hub to your house. I know when I had packages shipped to my residence, they don't always show up in perfect shape. Eventually I got everything shipped to my work - boxes there make it in good condition, rarely have any issues.

Thanks guys.

I like their prices and selection. Fast shipping.

One more piece of bubble wrap might have saved my starter connector. Had to send it back and buy a refurbished one from Auto Zone. Still would be nice if FedEx didn't drop it.

Topic List