Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

By Bull6791, July 21, 2014

Fish

Have you ever heard of the Fumoto oil drain valve. You use it instead of your oil drain plug.

Website is www.qwikvalve.com.

I wanted to know if you ever heard of it before and what you thought of it. Is it a good idea.

Thanks Frank

Yup - I think a few forum members have used this valve with good results. Have one on my old truck, worked pretty well - but have not had a chance to use them on my current daily drivers.

Good idea - depends on the person and how they want to use it. For some cases, like hard to reach oil plugs or if you sample the oil frequently - these valves work great. I like that you only have to change the gasket only once and that the most common mistakes (forgetting to put the oil plug back or striping the threads on the pan) are pretty much eliminated with the valve.

There is always a worry in the back of my mind that I could accidentally pop the valve open, draining the oil inadvertently or snapping the fitting off from running over debris on the road. Probably unfounded - but since I don't have a problem with the old, plain drainplug - I haven't really been pressed to get another valve for my Toyotas.

Topic List