Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Coolant Flush

by Bull6791, July 8, 2014

Fish

Is it better to do a coolant flush with car on flat ground or with car up on rhino ramps.

Let me know

Thanks Frank

Either - depends on what ever is easiest for you. I've usual do it on the ground, as the petcock for the radiator is close enough up front to grab without running it up on ramps. Though, you might have to get it up on ramps or lift it up to remove the plastic underbody shielding first.

Only one that I've done on ramps is my Matrix - as that nose is so low to the ground, I can't get clear access to the petcock drain.

Fish

I want to do a complete coolant flush. I am going to use the toyota pink coolant. How much coolant and distilled water does 05 corolla take.

I thought it was 2 gallons coolant and 5 gallons water. I don't really know.

At 100k when I do coolant flush with pink I am going to do drain and refill every 60k there after.

Any info would be good.

Frank

Distilled water - depends on how much gunk built up over the years. Since the car is relatively new - you shouldn't see any sort of sediment or debris come out with the flush. Usually takes me about 4-5 gallons of distilled to flush it out. If i recall correctly, this system takes 6 quarts of coolant - so two gallons, you should be good to go. Just remember that the pink stuff is premixed - so don't add any additional water to the system. Whatever water is left in the system will be OK - won't dilute the coolant too much. Make sure to get the coolant recover tank as well - just drain and refill that reservoir.

[image dead]

Topic List