Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Sst Brake Pads By Wagner

By Bull6791, June 17, 2014

SST brake pads by Wagner from Federated Mogul. Are these brake pads by Wagner or not. Also how good are these pads or are they junk.

My mechanic charged me 64.95 for Wagner ceramic front brake pads and he put on the SST brake pads.

These pads are not even listed on Wagners website. I do not think they are even Wagner brake pads.

Any info would be good.

Thanks

Frank

SST brake tech is from Wagner and sold exclusively under the Federal-Mogul line. Federal-Mogul owns Wagner and a bunch of other well known brands - like MOOG, Champion, ANCO, Fel-Pro, Ferodo, etc. Quite a few NAPA parts are actually rebadged Federal-Mogul parts. If they are make by Wagner - not sure. Could by a licensed tech sort of thing - Wagner provides the oversight and "recipe" for the friction material - then they make them at a Federal-Mogul factory. Not always a bad thing - sometime the quality can be improved by this method, ie. the factory is more modern, better QC. SST pads have a European ECE R90 certification, which is really tough - so they could be decent pads.

As for quality - again, don't know, never tried them. Not a whole lot of information out there outside of an on-TV plug twoguysgarage series. Cost wise, they are about the same as the Wagner's ThermoQuiet ceramic pads. Lots of people like them - but myself, never had much luck with them. They were quiet and had low dusting, but overall braking performance was mediocre. About the same as OEM. Couldn't get them to ever run right - eventually got them overheated and they quickly broke down afterwards.

Fish

I agree with you can not find any info on sst brake pads by Wagner.

I was looking for price on internet cause I wanted to see if they were worth the 64.95 I payed. Can not find any prices.

Thanks.

Frank

You can ping on the mechanic for the part number - at least he should be able to tell you that from his invoice (assuming he gets parts shipped in for him).

Closest thing I've run across are:

Federal-Mogul Wagner pads #QC923 - those run about $90 retail, but can be found usually for about $46 (equivalent to ThermoQuiet).

Federal-Mogul Wagner pads #ZD923 - those run about $70 retail, but can be found usually for $40 (equivalent to OE, sometimes sold under the Quick-Stop designation)

You also have to figure in some part cost markup - depending on his suppliers - the markup can vary wildly. Most of the time, you can ballpark atleast 15-20% - as that is sort of the break-even point to pay for utilities, etc. for more retail shops.

Topic List