Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By autotech2612, May 15, 2014

I see a lot of Corollas with a 3rd brake light incorporated into the OEM spoiler on the eighth generation. I have the same, but I also still have the traditional high-mount stop light in the rear window (it doesn't come on -- all rewired for spoiler) like most others I see. Is there a factory dummy cover I can put in its place?

I don't remember seeing any Corollas with a factory spoiler with a cover plate. I know they exist for other makes, but haven't seen for Toyota products.

I know it looks sort of weird, if you popped the housing off, might be able to cover than up with some sound deadening material or might try your hand at some fabrication / replace the deckplate.

Because I haven't seen any of those covers, I started thinking I'd have to do some kind of creative work.

I have a 2013 S and I took a good look (windows are tinted) there is already a cover in the third brake light in the window. Not sure how it is set up I guess all the guts are removed and instead of the plastic red cover it is black. You can pull one from a wrecked car and likely cut and shape to fit the 8gen

I went to the junk yard and found two 99 Camrys with spoilers and had the plastic cover where the high-mount would normally be. It'd be nice to find a Corolla with a spoiler and with the cover, but very hard to find.

Come to think of it, I only see Corollas with spoilers, not Prizms

Topic List