Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Horn Stopped Working Today

by smug, February 12, 2014

i got a phone call and pulled into local park to talk. a hunderd ducks and geese surrounded the car i couldnt move. i hit the horn and no horn. the entire horn assembly that houses the air bag seemed unusaually loose and way to easy to move. eventually i got one honk out of it and that was it. as mentioned in another post reply its nasty winter in chicagoland ,no way for and old guy with no garage to be messing with the car. lost job last year suddenly, so no cash flow for my mechanic . I got factory manuals for the 04 corolla, i always try to do as much D.I.Y. as possible. all advice welcome. corroded contacts? Havent check fuses yet.

Usually it's the bolt that mounts the horn to the body, that's also the ground point, has built rust and isn't grounding the horns.

Horn is not body grounded... It has both power and ground wires. He appears to have a problem with the horn switch in the steering wheel.

What year is your Corolla, Smug?

I'm going to assume this is the 04 he's talking about.

As you can clearly see, it is grounded directly to the body, a single power wire to the horn, as is normal for most Toyota's though some much more recent models may use a collective ground point.

Topic List