Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Corrolla Tires

By Jonas Winslo December 3, 2013

What are the best tires for winter weather on my late model? Skiddn all everyplace on these factory turds.

Depends on what your driving conditions are like - how much snow/ice do you see, what the ambient temperatures are like. There are a number of tire options - best place to start is to use some online resource, like Tirerack or similar.

From the sounds of it - might be better to go with a dedicated winter tire. The ones they have now are just short of a studded tire. Some can be studded for a small fee - if you live in an area that gets that much snow/ice and DOT rules allow running a studded tire.

It snowed 2 inches in late december here in Washington State. I was driving a 2005 prius and driving slowly downhill in a residential area. With the brakes applied, the best the Falken all season tires could do is maintain speed. The Prius could not come to a complete stop. This freaked my gf out as we also understeered and oversteered. That said, I bought some winter tires for my 2001 Corolla knowing full well what a FWD car can do with all seasons. Driving through slush is just fine with all seasons. Good luck with shopping.

Topic List